Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players want Pro Bowl in Hawaii

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

"I just think you take away from everything the Pro Bowl means," Ray Lewis said on Tuesday. "I don't understand it all.

The Baltimore Ravens linebacker, who played college football at the University of Miami, said he would "probably not" play next year's game if selected.

"That's no vacation," he said. "That's what we regularly do. You don't want to go to the Pro Bowl and do what you regularly do. You want to come over and do something different. You want to tour the islands and bring the kids over here to see something different."

"If something is good, why do you want to change it?" Indianapolis quarterback Peyton Manning said. "I don't know what the economic factors are that come into play, but I know the times I've come over here, it's a special week."

-----------------------

I just gave the quotes click link for the rest.

I don't like changing it either, to the location of the Super Bowl and the week before. Don't like it at all.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I love how its a week before the Super Bowl. I have 0 interest in the Pro Bowl as it is. The Super Bowl is the climax of the NFL season, afterwards there is no real desire on my part to watch a glorified scrimmage. Plus the week off in between the Championship games and the Super Bowl is dull. I think the switch in time is great.
      Whether or not it's in Hawaii makes no difference to me as a viewer, but I love the schedule change.

Comment

The Probowl will become even more irrelevant if players from the top two teams do not feature, seems pretty pointless.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

I would feel bad, but can't they just go to Hawaii for a week anyway? I mean a week off before off-season training does not sound ridiculous. So why not just go on their own dime. Ray Lewis is complaining he can't see Hawaii, I'm sorry that doesn't really grip at my heart strings.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
            The Probowl will become even more irrelevant if players from the top two teams do not feature, seems pretty pointless.
            Sir, it already is pointless. This way it kicks off Super Bowl Week. You could even have the players in the super bowl involved in some way. They call some plays or what have you. I think it's a good way to get MORE pub for your biggest day in the NFL the Super Bowl. It will get people down there earlier for the economic impact to be even greater.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

I always just considered the Pro-Bowl worlds most talented game of back yard football. A reason for these guys to play, but in a more relaxed setting.

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
                I agree with this 100%. Why would anyone who is about to play in the biggest game of their lives jeopardize that to play in the Pro Bowl?

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Yeah should still be in Hawaii. That's the only motivation for players to go to the game, an excuse to take their family out for a week to Hawaii. I can see many people declining now. And to a post above it's not that these players can't afford to go to Hawaii, but the pro bowl forces them to go out of the country and relax, many of these players won't leave their offseason training to go to Hawaii, so the pro bowl is a nice forced reward. Hate that it's moving to the week before the superbowl.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Eh, it's not like the actual game matters. The players don't care about it and the fans really don't either. I agree with the sentiment though. Keep the game and the history in Hawaii.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I was inches away from getting my Ware jersey signed by Damarcus at today's pro bowl practice... Pisses me off!

Keep it in Hawaii!!!

Keep it after the season... Putting it at the week before the SB means players from the top 2 teams won't make it and players from the 3rd and 4th best teams will show up late. As of right now, the SB players show up late.

The NFL should be more considerate about tradition. In 2010 it's going to be in Indianapolis!!! Who wants to be there in February when it's 75 degrees in Hawaii???

Comment

Will the skills challenge be back this year? That's the best part of the probowl and they didn't have it for the past couple years.

Comment

If you were player wouldn't you want it in Hawaii?

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Can we just stop the pro bowl or at least not let fans vote.
                            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

This is so stupid, alot of players come from the super bowl teams and now they can't participate. Its just pointless, its the game where the league's best play and now they can't.

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information