Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packers moving Kampman to outside linebacker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I personally don't get the need for the move. Their best defensive players, both Hawk and Barnett seem ill fitted to play ILB in the 3-4.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by no love View Post
      I personally don't get the need for the move. Their best defensive players, both Hawk and Barnett seem ill fitted to play ILB in the 3-4.
      I think those guys are a great fit actually.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by no love View Post
        I personally don't get the need for the move. Their best defensive players, both Hawk and Barnett seem ill fitted to play ILB in the 3-4.
        best defensive players in order:

        Aaron Kampman
        Charles Woodson
        Nick Barnett
        Nick Collins
        Cullen Jenkins
        Al Harris
        AJ Hawk


        Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
        I think those guys are a great fit actually.
        I don't really agree, but we'll find out.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
          I think those guys are a great fit actually.
          Care to explain why?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            best defensive players in order:

            Aaron Kampman
            Charles Woodson
            Nick Barnett
            Nick Collins
            Cullen Jenkins
            Al Harris
            AJ Hawk
            You forgot Jarrett Bush!?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by GB12 View Post
              best defensive players in order:

              Aaron Kampman
              Charles Woodson
              Nick Barnett
              Nick Collins
              Cullen Jenkins
              Al Harris
              AJ Hawk



              I don't really agree, but we'll find out.
              Jenkins>Collins. I guess the only reason you my have to Kampman being over Woodson is because without him our secondary would strangle even more.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                Care to explain why?
                Well for starter's I think Barnett could basically fit into any LB system, he's aggressive and instinctive. The 3-4 gives the ILBs a whole lot of freedom by virtue of 3 space eaters in front of them instead of the usual 2, and Barnett's playing style is very much search and destroy.

                AJ Hawk is flat out not playing up to his potential, even though he's an effective LB. As a 3-4 ILB he'll have less responsibility and can focus on cracking people for a while. ultimately it's a gut feeling based on how I've seen them play, and there's always an adjustment period, but personally I think if the Packers blow this transition, it won't be due to Barnett and Hawk.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  Well for starter's I think Barnett could basically fit into any LB system, he's aggressive and instinctive. The 3-4 gives the ILBs a whole lot of freedom by virtue of 3 space eaters in front of them instead of the usual 2, and Barnett's playing style is very much search and destroy.

                  AJ Hawk is flat out not playing up to his potential, even though he's an effective LB. As a 3-4 ILB he'll have less responsibility and can focus on cracking people for a while. ultimately it's a gut feeling based on how I've seen them play, and there's always an adjustment period, but personally I think if the Packers blow this transition, it won't be due to Barnett and Hawk.
                  I love Barnett's aggressive style but he can hardly get off blockers. I find it hard to believe if a linemen or fullback will be in front of him that he can get off. Every Packer fan has been saying this for years, Barnett best fit is the 43 SAM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Not sure why this is a thread. Where else would Kampman play in a 3-4?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
                      Not sure why this is a thread. Where else would Kampman play in a 3-4?
                      at DE he could command a quadruple team!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                        Jenkins>Collins. I guess the only reason you my have to Kampman being over Woodson is because without him our secondary would strangle even more.
                        I originally had Jenkins ahead of Collins and then switched them. It's a close call between those two. I think had Jenkins played this whole season it would have been him no question, but since Collins had a great year and Jenkins hasn't fully broken out yet Collins gets the nod.

                        Kampman is still the best player on our defense. Woodson comes in at a close second, but Kampman is #1.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          at DE he could command a quadruple team!
                          Dude, at quarterback he would be able to be un-sackable. He would totally know what the pass-rushers were thinking!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I think Kampman will be fine at OLB. Although adding him to a LB corps that couldn't cover well to begin with won't help.
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                              Well for starter's I think Barnett could basically fit into any LB system, he's aggressive and instinctive. The 3-4 gives the ILBs a whole lot of freedom by virtue of 3 space eaters in front of them instead of the usual 2, and Barnett's playing style is very much search and destroy.

                              AJ Hawk is flat out not playing up to his potential, even though he's an effective LB. As a 3-4 ILB he'll have less responsibility and can focus on cracking people for a while. ultimately it's a gut feeling based on how I've seen them play, and there's always an adjustment period, but personally I think if the Packers blow this transition, it won't be due to Barnett and Hawk.
                              I know it differs somewhat according to the various 3-4 schemes, but I thought that 3-4 ILBs had to take on more blockers, not fewer. Hence why someone like Maulauga is viewed as an ideal 3-4 ILB...

                              I rather suspect that Barnett is going to suffer from Vilma-syndrome. Hawk might be better off, but I'm not sure.
                              TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
                                I rather suspect that Barnett is going to suffer from Vilma-syndrome. Hawk might be better off, but I'm not sure.
                                That's what I believe will happen too. On of Hawk's strengths in college was his ability to blitz, and the Packer's never sent him on blitzs. That will change with Capers. I expect Hawk to thrive in this defense, and Barnett to regress.
                                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                                Hunter S. Thompson

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information