OTL report: Texans held contact drills in mini-camp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    Would you rather be a snitch and healthy, getting a chance with another team because if you snitched you probably wouldnt last long on your current one depending on the caliber of your play, or a tight mouth, jobless injured player who is reminiscing on what could have been?
    I'd take my chances with the contact drills that make the team infinitely better than a bunch of no-contact ***** drills. Regardless, I'd rather keep my mouth shut and handle my **** inside the organization than cry to the NFLPA.

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      Would you rather be a snitch and healthy, getting a chance with another team because if you snitched you probably wouldnt last long on your current one depending on the caliber of your play, or a tight mouth, jobless injured player who is reminiscing on what could have been?
      If this does happen often then I doubt many teams would be interested in that player.

Comment

Spygate II.

Comment

Well the ticker on ESPN is saying that all three guys are suing, so i think they're the ones getting the last laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            Well the ticker on ESPN is saying that all three guys are suing, so i think they're the ones getting the last laugh.
            Actually only Stevenson is suing according to the article, and that is not even for certain.

As a fan of the team, this is embarrassing. I'm angry with the coaching staff but at the same time I'm ticked about Stevenson. I'll watch the OTL segment on Sunday and try to get a better idea of exactly what was going on. Fred Weary, one of the O-linemen that signed an affidavit is apparently not pleased that his name was used by Stevenson in relation to ESPN. Some of this has been copied into the ESPN story.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spor...ills_Offseason
            Last edited by IceKubes; 02-05-2009, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IceKubes View Post
              Actually only Stevenson is suing according to the article, and that is not even for certain.

As a fan of the team, this is embarrassing. I'm angry with the coaching staff but at the same time I'm ticked about Stevenson. I'll watch the OTL segment on Sunday and try to get a better idea of exactly what was going on. Fred Weary, one of the O-linemen that signed an affidavit is apparently not pleased that his name was used by Stevenson in relation to ESPN. Some of this has been copied into the ESPN story.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spor...ills_Offseason

"Weary told FOX 26 Sports he never intended for the affidavit he signed to be used as part of the ESPN story.

Ciapciak said Weary never told them they could not publicize the affadavit.

"I feel like Dan Stevenson did me a disservice," Weary said. "At the time I signed it, I didn't think he would go to this extreme. I thought it would be used internally through the team.

"Dan approached me and asked me if I would go on the record about the illegal one-on-one drills and I said yes. I signed it for Stevenson, not ESPN."

Weary said it's his understanding three players were hurt during those drills, Stevenson, Black and and former Texans center Chucky Okobi.

"This is upsetting," Weary said. "I don't want it to seem like I have ill feelings toward the Texans. It would be like biting the hand that feeds you."

Weary said ESPN requested an on-camera interview with him and he turned them down. He said Stevenson was trying to get him to go forward with the interview and sent him a text message requesting that he do so.

Weary read the text from Stevenson, dated Jan 20. to FOX 26.

"I already did the interview," Stevenson said in a text according to Weary. "Are you going to do yours?

"The team needs to get what it deserved."

Weary said when ESPN called for the interview he alerted the Texans as a courtesy and to ask for guidance. He said the Texans were already aware of ESPN's efforts.

"I didn't do the interview with ESPN because I didn't think it would be beneficial," Weary said. "It would just look like I was bad-mouthing the team."

Regarding the alleged rules violations by the Texans, Weary acknowledged they happened, but he also said the Texans tried to take precautions against anyone getting hurt.

"It did happen," Weary said. "Guys did get hurt. The coaches stopped them after that.

"In the Texans' defense they did tell us what was going on. They did give us parameters, like going half-speed during the drills. But when guys are trying to make the team, those parameters go out the window."

Weary recalled one such instance involving Texans defensive tackle Tim Bulman.

"Coaches will say we're not trying to hurt anyone and they would ask the offensive guys to let the defensive guys finish the drill," Weary said. But you've got guys like Tim Bulman, who was a practice squad guy at the time.

"He bull-rushes a guy and the offensive lineman has to be a football player and understand this is not half-speed. He becomes competitive and sometimes people get hurt."

While Black and Stevenson said the alleged rules violations occurred during the Texans mini-camp in May, Weary said he remembered the illegal drills taking place during the Texans' organized team activities last year, which are separate from the mini-camp."
              tl;dr

next time just post the link. It avoids getting wall of texted.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                tl;dr

next time just post the link. It avoids getting wall of texted.
                Yeah I usually only post the link, there were a couple things I wanted to point out but I wound up just posting half of it instead. Too long, I edited it out.

Comment

Originally posted by IceKubes View Post
                  Yeah I usually only post the link, there were a couple things I wanted to point out but I wound up just posting half of it instead. Too long, I edited it out.
                  o ok, I just thought since you've only got 70 posts I'd tell you.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Where they padded for mini camp, or was this without pads. If it was with pads, why are people bitching? If it was without pads, then that's f'n stupid.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information