Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly shocking.

Comment

Give up your picks and a monster contract Vikings, do it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
        I honestly think if no trade was worked out, they'd release him and take no hit.
        Once Cassel signs the tender, it's fully guaranteed.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

A good CYA move by the Pats if Brady really did have a setback, and a little ridiculous if they can't move Cassel.

I believe you can remove the franchise tag by a certain point if you don't feel you can move him and then he becomes a UFA (anyone? feel free to correct me.)

In the end, someone is going to need him; there are not enough good starting QBs in the league. Teams like Minnesota, Chicago, San Francisco, and Tampa would all like to have him. Will he necessarily be good? Maybe, maybe not. But his value is higher than anyone currently at the position on those rosters.

Comment

Confirmed also. I just saw it on ESPN.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

I don't get it. This was the only way he could possibly go to the Vikes. This is just the first step and allows both teams to begin negotiations right now.
              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

And it has begun. How long will ESPN talk about possible trades involving Brady?

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                  And it has begun. How long will ESPN talk about possible trades involving Brady?
                  cassel right? lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                    cassel was the vikings only hope...
                    If the Cardinals for some weird reason didn't resign Warner could go to Minny. Seriously doubt that would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      Isn't that only after the June Cuts?
                      Breed's QB Philosophy:
                      Originally posted by Breed
                      At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                        cassel right? lol
                        this is ESPN we are talking about, I mean Brady. ZOMG CASSEL>>>BRADY lol

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                          this is ESPN we are talking about, I mean Brady. ZOMG CASSEL>>>BRADY lol
                          lmao yea haha

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Dude, Matt Cassel is totally better than Brady and I think we would have won every Super Bowl in history with him. He does so many things better early on with an inferior offense and without sitting for years and years! Brady is the best quarterback in the NFL, but Cassel is somehow better for the team or something. Yeah. That sounds spirited and reactionary.

-ESPN

Seriously though, good move. Let's at least get something for the guy. He's a damned good quarterback, but he isn't anywhere near Brady right now. He's in the Derek Anderson last year neighborhood. If Brady's ready, we cash in.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              Something he should do ASAP.

Why not?

$14.5M this season guaranteed, probably to be a backup. Next offseason you hit the market again. So you're basically going to get 2 signing bonuses in 2 seasons.

All for one decent season in ideal circumstances. What a pay day.

Charles Woodson did it to the Raiders to force them to not tag him the next offseason, and it worked. Cassel should do it to cash in and achieve much the same thing.

Are the Pats even *really* prepared to have his $14.5M on the cap this season? If not, playing with the franchise tag is akin to playing with fire.

Comment

Uhhhh I'm sorry you guys, but I thought the major problem with getting the tag was that it in fact isn't guaranteed money... which is why players hate getting it.

Am I wrong here? (honest question).

Oh and also: unless they amputate Brady's leg, Cassel's outta NE.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information