Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA players would dominate skill position In the NFL.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no love View Post
    I think there are a couple of big 1 or 2 guards who could make it as NFL wr's. Guys like:
    Deron Williams: 6-3, 207
    Baron Davis:6-3, 215
    Dewayne Wade: 6-4, 216
    Derrick Rose: 6-3, 190

These are guys that all have good size, are all explosive, quick guys, with great hops and hands, who have great vision which could help them read defenses.
    great basketball hands and great hands for catching a football are entirely different though. Plus, they'd get crushed going over the middle, would have to learn routes, adjusting to the ball etc. I don't really like these other athletes would make it in the NBA. there are some rare occassions like Lebron, but that's about it.
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
      That's pretty much all bull. He was 6'7 240 pounds at the draft camp, he put on some weight, but I don't think he's 2 inches and 30 pounds bigger than when he entered the league.

Rookie year

Now

Comment

LeBron James could, without a doubt in my mind. Other people? Not really. He's the only one really built like a football player. Kobe isn't nearly quick enough anymore. LeBron would because he is massive and exceptionally quick and fast.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
          LeBron would get injured in the first minute on the field.
          Do you have any reasoning for this claim or do you just like throwing out statements with no basis in fact? Plenty of tall players have gone more than a minute without being hurt.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

That's pretty much all bull. He was 6'7 240 pounds at the draft camp, he put on some weight, but I don't think he's 2 inches and 30 pounds bigger than when he entered the league.

The 4.4 is laughable, and the 44 is speculated with no proof at all, and LeBron never does anything to prove it as anything more than speculation.

Actually that's not bull, he did grow, I remember the broadcasters were talking about it because he was measured before the season and grew taller and gained weight.

Stop acting like it's so hard to believe, we probably won't see another Lebron James for another 50 years, he's a freak in every sense of the word in every aspect, he defies logic and most of his stats and measurables are off the charts.

Lebron was an All-State WR, I also don't think he would just get "broken in half", like just because it's football that means he's still not built like a brick house.

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I think I heard LBJ was ranked the #2 player in Ohio before he dropped football.

The #1?

Comment

I fully believe that Lebron would be an all pro tight end

But it would take him about 4 years to reach his potential

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                  I fully believe that Lebron would be an all pro tight end

But it would take him about 4 years to reach his potential
                  4 years? Seriously, how would you stop a fade to LeBron every single play?

Comment

Lebron would make it. He's ungodly athletic and I think he had the type of body that could hold up to NFL abuse. He would be absolutely unstoppable on the goaline. Nobody would be able to do anything to stop it. He's the only NBA guy I think this is even worth being thrown around with though. Football athleticism is different from Basketball athleticism. I think you would find a ton of those guys would look a lot slower in pads or even in shorts than you would initially expect.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

The 4.4 is laughable, and the 44 is speculated with no proof at all, and LeBron never does anything to prove it as anything more than speculation.
                      you do know that he came out of high school and people do grow....

Comment

FWIW, dunno how much stock anyone would put into his words, but Bron shot down the 270 pounds thing, said it was just a rumor, but he did say he was 6'9, which probably means 6'7 3/4 without shoes.

LeBron would no doubt make it in the NFL, but I just love how people are so convinced he would be a dominant force, and believe outrageous combine numbers when LeBron opted out so he wouldn't hurt his stock.

Still the best athlete in the world right now IMO, but do you guys believe he can grab a quarter off the backboard too?
                        Originally posted by SNIPER26
                        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
                          Do you have any reasoning for this claim or do you just like throwing out statements with no basis in fact? Plenty of tall players have gone more than a minute without being hurt.
                          Yeah but Iam sure they would have a hell of a time taking hits, and run blocking. Due to their height, they are at a disadv. because stronger football players, who are most likely shorter, could submarine them and get their pad level lower. Plus can these guys memorize a playbook?

Comment

FWIW, dunno how much stock anyone would put into his words, but Bron shot down the 270 pounds thing, said it was just a rumor, but he did say he was 6'9, which probably means 6'7 3/4 without shoes.

LeBron would no doubt make it in the NFL, but I just love how people are so convinced he would be a dominant force, and believe outrageous combine numbers when LeBron opted out so he wouldn't hurt his stock.

Still the best athlete in the world right now IMO, but do you guys believe he can grab a quarter off the backboard too?
                            without jumping yes.

Comment

Some NBA players could excel at football. There are guys such as Nate Robinson(Superprep All-American football player in high school) who simply chose basketball over football. Basketball pays better. That doesn't mean all NBA players could excel in the NFL, but a few could. I doubt there are any NFL players who could excel in the NBA. If they could, they would have chosen basketball over football.

Comment

Basketball players don't like to be hit in basketball. They would have alligator arms in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information