Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA players would dominate skill position In the NFL.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think that this question is funny. these guys are all very good at what they do. i think that some could transition, but i dont know about dominating. as far as getting all worked up about guys taking hits and all, they could learn, some better than others. but the point is mute, since it isnt going to happen
    “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
      As soon as they got hit they'd quit, nuff said. Baseball players have a better chance of being football players than basketball players do.
      This is laughable, what evidence do you have to show for this?

It makes it even more ludicrous when you figure in that a majority of the guys who are in the NBA right now, played high school football and really played both of those two sports most of their life up to college graduation...Alot of guys football and basketball go hand in hand.

Again not everyone would pull it off, but there are alot of athletes that used to play football at a very high level, AI may of been a little guy but he was one of Virginia's best football players to come out of that area.

Nate Robinson was the player of the year in football and was ranked as a top 20 athlete, there are countless others out there, choosing basketball for those guys who play both sports is an easy choice.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I'd take Mark Madsen as a TE anyday! Although his end zone TD celebrations would be flagged....:(
        I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Iverson dominated QB/Safety/KR positions in HS
          LeBron James dominated WR in HS
          Antonio Gates (former bball player) is a fine TE
          Demarco Murray (also former bball player) quickly picked up RB

Just a few examples of transitions. Am I saying every NBA player or talented baskteball player would make the NFL? Hell no. But to generalize that NBA players can't play football is ludicrous. Most NFL and NBA players probably played basketball and football in HS before choosing one sport over the other.

You guys mention route running, juking, and absorbing hits. These all can be learned over time. And it's not like all NFL players are THAT built either. A lot of the corners and WRs are rather skinny. LeBron at WR could be a more physical TO.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

o nevermind

Comment

The way I see it, LeBron James is the best American Team sport athlete in the world. He is huge, strong, fast, explosive, basically every quality you look for in basketball AND football.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Legend234 View Post
                Am I crazy to think that NBA players would be the best receivers and corners in the NFL if they switched sports?
                Most of these NBA players are pansies. They wouldn't survive in the NFL.

Comment

If I recall correctly, LeBron James did play some football in high school (at wide receiver) but he stopped because he didn't like getting hit. Considering that he must have been much bigger than most of his competition and physically dominates most NBA players (including some bigger than him), that doesn't bode well for the transition of any NBA player, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    If I recall correctly, LeBron James did play some football in high school (at wide receiver) but he stopped because he didn't like getting hit. Considering that he must have been much bigger than most of his competition and physically dominates most NBA players (including some bigger than him), that doesn't bode well for the transition of any NBA player, to be honest.
                    Probably because he knew that he had a bright future in basketball and didn't wanna get injured playing football. I mean, I would've quit football too, if I was LeBron...

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                      Probably because he knew that he had a bright future in basketball and didn't wanna get injured playing football. I mean, I would've quit football too, if I was LeBron...
                      Well, he said specifically that he didn't like getting hit.

Comment

AI would be a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Namy View Post
                          Iverson dominated QB/Safety/KR positions in HS
                          LeBron James dominated WR in HS
                          Antonio Gates (former bball player) is a fine TE
                          Demarco Murray (also former bball player) quickly picked up RB

Just a few examples of transitions. Am I saying every NBA player or talented baskteball player would make the NFL? Hell no. But to generalize that NBA players can't play football is ludicrous. Most NFL and NBA players probably played basketball and football in HS before choosing one sport over the other.

You guys mention route running, juking, and absorbing hits. These all can be learned over time. And it's not like all NFL players are THAT built either. A lot of the corners and WRs are rather skinny. LeBron at WR could be a more physical TO.
                          HS is not the NFL.
                          Gates might be the expectian but he was never a great BB player

Comment

Gates was actually a fairly good basketball player when he got settled in at Kent State. Not really an NBA prospect given his size but, Gates could ball at the collegiate level. 1st team All-MAC. Just throwing that out there.

No HS is not the NFL but, a lot of these great basketball players were also highly recruited in football as well. Doesnt mean they'd be great but, there are certainly a few out there that could make the transition. Iverson, James, and Big Baby Glenn Davis were 4 star prospects in football...If you're of that caliber, you're pretty much expected to make it to the NFL one day.

Tiny Nate Robinson was also a 3 star Rb recruit w/ Washington and ran in the 4.3's.

Matt Harpring was a heavily recruited QB by Nebraska among others.

Marcus Banks was considered to be one of the best football players in the state of Nevada and heavily recruited as well.

Not sure how highly he was rated but, Dee Brown received offers to play for Nebraska and Florida State.

Just a few examples.
                            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-08-2009, 07:05 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

Just because a player is a highly ranked recruit does not mean that he will be drafted.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-...s-to-the-draft

40-48% of 5-star recruits are typically drafted
                              9-11% of 4-star recruits are typically drafted
                              3.6% of 3-star recruits are typically drafted
                              >1% of 2-star recruits are typically drafted

So even if Iverson, James, Robinson, etc. were highly ranked recruits, the odds of them making the NFL are stacked against them -- forget "dominating".
                              I'm a state.

Comment

Obviously, it doesnt but, there is a much better chance. If you're a 4 star recruit...you are pretty much expected to be talented enough to play in the League one day.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information