Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA players would dominate skill position In the NFL.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
    Actually, he got the name "Big Baby" because he was soft....

I don't doubt most of them could make it as athletes, but I just hate how people think like "OMG Dwight Howard is 6'11, he could just catch every jump ball!!"

NBA players would have to pack on some more bulk, which would hurt their athletic ability some. Think about it, LeBron is 260 at 6'8-6'9, everyone else that is 260 is closer to 6'2-6'3. The guys with the most similar build to LeBron are about 20-30 pounds heavier.

It's cool that Dwight could out reach anyone on a jump ball, it's not cool that his body presents a huge target, he's got mediocre lower body strength, and there's no way in hell he could get low enough to break tackles effectively....

Shaq would be too tall to be a dominant linemen, everyone would get up under him.

I think the guys that would be most effective would be someone like Baron Davis, but he's a ***** about driving in too much in the NBA, how does he handle NFL contact?
    Most of the 6'8" guys in the NFL are DL/OL who need the weight and who aren't nearly as athletic as James is. James could be a neo-TE, the kind that is lined up all over the field.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• When I mentioned the guys most built like LeBron, I was really thinking of Julius Peppers and Mario Williams, who are 6'7ish, long limped, and super athletes.

I doubt LeBron quit because he got hit, I think he quit because he's about the most gifted basketball player you will ever see...
      Originally posted by SNIPER26
      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
        A few things to note on player measurements and such.

1. Player heights in B-Ball are notoriously inflated. They're measured at the combine in shoes, which skews the height up to 2" in some cases. Spencer Hawes was 6'10.5" barefoot... 7'0.5" when he put on the shoes. So LeBron is closer to 6'7" than 6'9" in football terms. Nate Robinson is like 5'7" or 5'8". Impact unlikely.
        Hate to break it to ya, but both NFL and NBA players are listed as taller than their actual height because they don't play in bare feet. When LeBron or any other NBA player is on they court playing, he is wearing shoes, therefore that is the relevant height.

Comment

• NFL players wear shoes to play but AFAIK aren't measured in them. So the NBA heights will look skewed next to an NFL height.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Did anyone one mention that James guy from Cleveland?

Comment

• Shaq QB Sneak on 4th and short = $$$

He just needs to fall down. No wait... he could take the snap, stand straight up and raise the ball high over everyone's head and stretch his arm forward getting the first. LOL. I love this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                Hate to break it to ya, but both NFL and NBA players are listed as taller than their actual height because they don't play in bare feet. When LeBron or any other NBA player is on they court playing, he is wearing shoes, therefore that is the relevant height.
                Except they pad the shoes and can get as much as a 2 inch difference, and it isn't what they will play in.
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• This thread is still going....noone can prove anything its all hypothetical its just pointless argument

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information