No announcement yet.

Jaguars Agree to Terms with Northcutt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 2002, Northcutt had a 73% catch percentage, and in 2003 he had a 68% catch percentage. These are both near the top of the league.

He's gone sharply down hill since then, but this year is his first season having a sub-50% catch percentage. Anyone know why he's regressed? Does he have an eye condition we don't know about, or have the Browns QBs just gotten worse and worse?

Comment

I think whenever a wide reciever gets signed, some completely ignorant poster will state that they won't be interested in Ted Ginn anymore.

Comment

No moss, no 1st day pick on a speed wideout

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          No moss, no 1st day pick on a speed wideout
          If the guy is the best available player, the team might draft a wide-out in the 2nd or 3rd round.

After the first round, where the team is somewhat pidgeonholed into taking a safety, the team is well-positioned to take the best available player through the entire draft.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
            I haven't seen him play much, so I just want to know: How often does he drop passes that hit him squarely on his hands after a good pass?

Or his he the sort of person that you most of the time end up finding yourself saying "Jeez... if you get your hand on it, you SHOULD be able to bring it in", after passes that he really has to work for?
            He dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands shot it up in the air and a Panthers DB grabbed it and ran it back for a TD... He always drops passes, he always makes punt returns interesting.

Comment

If the guy is the best available player, the team might draft a wide-out in the 2nd or 3rd round.

After the first round, where the team is somewhat pidgeonholed into taking a safety, the team is well-positioned to take the best available player through the entire draft.
              I want Anthony Gonzales or Jason Hill in the second round really, really, really, really bad.

Comment

"Anyone know why he's regressed?"

Hes regresses due to pass protection, and a bad QB. But he drops balls high schools shouldnt drop. he takes it to a new level. Frye wouldnt even throw him the ball at one point. Hes a really small target aswell and unless hes wide open, dont look his way.

Comment

I feel sorry for you Jags. Hopefully he is relegated to punt return ONLY.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    I want Anthony Gonzales or Jason Hill in the second round really, really, really, really bad.
                    I hear ya.

Jason Hill in the second or Steve Smith/Craig Davis/Johnnie Lee Higgins in the third? I'm all over it.

Comment

[QUOTE=yourfavestoner;185238]This is exactly what I want to know.

Hopefully you've all gotten the unfortunate truth about northcutt from all of us browns fans. In case you haven't ill sum it up.

He is a great punt returner.

He is a terrible wide receiver, yea he has speed, but it's worthless because he never catches it. I can just picture Leftwhich rifling passes at him. If he can't catch Frye's little soft passes, Leftwhich is going to kill him and you guys are going to understand why he is ONLY A PUNT RETURNER.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I hear ya.

Jason Hill in the second or Steve Smith/Craig Davis/Johnnie Lee Higgins in the third? I'm all over it.
                        If somehow safety, defensive end, and wide receiver align themselves to be the best available players in rounds one through three, I might just be the happiest person alive on draft day.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information