No announcement yet.

Ashley lelie Signs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stallworth would have been a much better pick up for them, while more expensive, that's one of the teams he has said he would have liked to play for since he's from Cali. Good news for me though, considering it is more likely than before that he will play for the team he wants to play for the most, the Eagles.

Comment

Id say solid signing. I dont really think Lelie is that much worse than Stallworth like some of you guys do, not that I think either of them are very good. Lelie is a good downfield receiver and vertical threat and after cutting Antonio Bryant, the 49ers needed that so it is a solid signing. I expect they go after a receiver in the draft sometime day 1 and hope he can be a number 1. Although truthfully I figure they are hoping Vernon Davis will be their no. 1 receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigo View Post
        Dammit.
        :(
        He did play well in atlanta last year. He's a good WR, you'll see.

Comment

besides i believe Stallworth is asking for about 15-18 mill guaranteed. I will take Lelie at 2 mill guaranteed over that every day of the week.

Lelie has 1 job, stretch the field and catch vertical passes, i think he can do that in this system.

The niners will still be drafting a WR in round 1 or 2 to be their #1....

Comment

Lelie is a risky pick. After his rookie year, he went downhill from there. Dang ! Mabe 49er legend, Jerry Rice, can knock some sense into him.

Comment

he could be a passable number guy i guess, better than anything else they have

Comment

Its a good pickup, after losing Bryant signing Lelie is a logical move.

Comment

Not the reciever they needed but still an upgrade.

They've really helped this team signing Clements, Lewis and now Lelie.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

i think this is a good signing, he is finally getting out of the WCO and i think he will surprise people now that he is back in an offense that fits his skills better.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I actually think he can be a reliable deep threat. He isn't costing much so I don't see why the signing is a problem. It isn't like San Fran is deep at WR anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                        I actually think he can be a reliable deep threat. He isn't costing much so I don't see why the signing is a problem. It isn't like San Fran is deep at WR anyway.
                        Not only that but its not like you can give Alex Smith enough weapons as he develops.

Comment

he cam pretty cheap

Comment

He pretty much fixs all their receiver problems

HAHA

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I like it, if anyone can get something out Lelie it will be Jerry Sullivan. Now if the niners can get a guy like Sidney Rice or Robert Meacham at 42 there Wr corp would be settled.

Comment

Man I wanted him too! We got Drew Bennett so I'm not mad :)

Nice signing though San Fran!
                                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information