Ashley lelie Signs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry View Post
    I like it, if anyone can get something out Lelie it will be Jerry Sullivan. Now if the niners can get a guy like Sidney Rice or Robert Meacham at 42 there Wr corp would be settled.
    yes exactly, Meachem or Rice would be good additions. Maybe Jason Hill? I feel like they could go for Moss or Spencer also with their 2nd rounder and maybe try to get a WR round 3. Im convinced they take Carriker round 1. Maybe if they can get a Joey Porter or another LB (Banta Cain? Edwards?) in FA, they can just focus on WR with their 2nd rounder.

Comment

I think Ashley is an all right guy, but I also hate him because he made a stupid dumbass move. The reason he was holding out was because he wanted to start, and he didn't think he would start, with the Broncos having Rod Smith already and then trading for Javon Walker. Guess he is afraid of a little competition. Plus, he thought of himself as a #1 WR, which is NOT true, oh my god is it not true.
      He, basically, wanted to start so he could get a big payday this free agency, which didn't happen. I'm happy he netted the Broncos a 3rd round pick though, but man, it probably would've turned out better for him if he stayed, played, and probably would've posted decent numbers, and got a better contract.
      Like some other Bronco fans have said, he is a one trick pony. Have him run streaks and chuck it up hoping he comes down with it.
      I will say I think it is a decent signing for San Fran, he is relatively cheap and, although all he can do is catch a deep pass, he is good at it. Nonexistent in the red zone though...

Comment

This is a GREAT signing, look at how much Welker and Bennett signed for. I was totally against signing Michael Lewis for that much, but this makes up for it. They get a deep threat for 1/6 the amount it would cost for Stallworth. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
          I think Ashley is an all right guy, but I also hate him because he made a stupid dumbass move. The reason he was holding out was because he wanted to start, and he didn't think he would start, with the Broncos having Rod Smith already and then trading for Javon Walker. Guess he is afraid of a little competition. Plus, he thought of himself as a #1 WR, which is NOT true, oh my god is it not true.
          He, basically, wanted to start so he could get a big payday this free agency, which didn't happen. I'm happy he netted the Broncos a 3rd round pick though, but man, it probably would've turned out better for him if he stayed, played, and probably would've posted decent numbers, and got a better contract.
          Like some other Bronco fans have said, he is a one trick pony. Have him run streaks and chuck it up hoping he comes down with it.
          I will say I think it is a decent signing for San Fran, he is relatively cheap and, although all he can do is catch a deep pass, he is good at it. Nonexistent in the red zone though...
          That's pretty much what he's signed for. We're a run first team now, and run alot of playactions, so this should be the perfect offense for his skill set. It's a low risk, high reward type of signing, imo.

Btw, this still leaves us with somewhere between 23-26 mill in cap space. Just a heads up for those that are wondering.
          Last edited by sup3rk1ng; 03-04-2007, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
            Lelie = Troy Williamson
            IMO, Lelie
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
              IMO, Lelie
              Please, tell me how Williamson is better than Lelie when Williamson has yet to post a season with 500 yards receiving, 40 catches or more than 2 touchdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
                Exactly. A poor mans Antonio Bryant.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

I think this is a great signing by the San Francisco 49ers, and Ashley Lelie to an extent. The 49ers get a young, talented veteran to bolster their painfully-thin ranks at that position, and Lelie gets the full opportunity he's wanted for so long to show his wares - more than just a deep-ball threat, a number one receiver, etcetera. If Lelie plays well in the process, he'll get an extension just as Walt Harris did after initially signing a reasonably cheap 2-year contract.

The San Francisco 49ers have really done some job in this free agency period. The only move I didn't like was the Michael Lewis signing, but everything else was great imo (Lelie and Aubrayo Franklin, NT from Baltimore, especially).
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    I think this is a great signing by the San Francisco 49ers, and Ashley Lelie to an extent. The 49ers get a young, talented veteran to bolster their painfully-thin ranks at that position, and Lelie gets the full opportunity he's wanted for so long to show his wares - more than just a deep-ball threat, a number one receiver, etcetera. If Lelie plays well in the process, he'll get an extension just as Walt Harris did after initially signing a reasonably cheap 2-year contract.
                    I think you're expecting too much out of Lelie. I don't think they brought him here to prove himself and be more than just a deep threat. I think they brought him here to be exactly that, just a role player, and a #3 WR.

We dont want Lelie trying to make any cuts here... Lelie has one direction. Watching him try to run a proper route is painful.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

Lelie will be our deep threat Wr, Battle will be our Possesion Wr. Now all we need is that Wr who will give us the Yac. Of course Vernon Davis will help out in that department also. But we should grab a Wr who can do it.

Comment

You guys are ripping the 49ers for the Michael Lewis signing, but if you look at the 49ers defense and the way they use their safeties, I think Michael Lewis will ressurect his career in SF. Its a good fit I think.

Comment

The same Ashley Lelie who was owned by Fred Thomas...

Comment

Ashley Lelie Was signed but only to a 2 yr deal which means he basically has to prove himself if his good enough to be the #1 guy for the 49ers,yes his a deep threat but also a upgrade over inconsistent Antonio Bryant..as far as Nate And Michael goo ,as everyone new niners did hav the worst secondary in NFL for the past two yrs ,so that was definately needed with all the goodass WR we hav in our division torching us which wont happen no more.

Comment

Originally posted by SanFran View Post
                              Ashley Lelie Was signed but only to a 2 yr deal which means he basically has to prove himself if his good enough to be the #1 guy for the 49ers,yes his a deep threat but also a upgrade over inconsistent Antonio Bryant..as far as Nate And Michael goo ,as everyone new niners did hav the worst secondary in NFL for the past two yrs ,so that was definately needed with all the goodass WR we hav in our division torching us which wont happen no more.
                              Theres no way in hell Lelie is an upgrade over Bryant. He's not even an upgrade over Battle. Guys, this IS NOT a signing to find a #1 WR. It's to add to the depth. You pay a guy 2mil/year to try to fight into the starting lineup, which Lelie will fail to do.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

If you guys have him run 'posts' or 'go' routes every single play, then good signing. If you require him to run good routes, play in the middle, or in the red-zone, prepare to be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information