No announcement yet.

Where does Larry Johnson go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could see the Eagles perhaps being willing to give up a 3rd for Larry Johnson. He can catch, and would provide them with someone who can actually pound in the ball from the 1 yard line.

Some other possibilities I see are the Texans, Jags, Saints, and Bucs.
    Last edited by Smokey Joe; 02-08-2009, 02:27 PM.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
      Why would we want Julius Jones? Get real.

Best we can hope is that we get a (probably low) 3rd for him. Anything other than that is a pipe dream, unless a team is really desperate.
      I remember during the 2005 offseason some Cowboys fans selling "Julius Jones is the REAL 21," because their opener was against the Bolts. sigh.

No way LJ garners a 2nd, but I could maybe see a 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        Browns have 4 draft picks, and trading 3 of them away for a RB who only has a few years left in his prime would be a bad idea. Plus Eric Mangini said he likes Jamal Lewis and thinks he'll bounce back in 2009.
        I agree with you that the browns need to hold onto their draft picks, and having watched mangini closely for the last 3 years, he doesn't trade those picks away unless it's something he feels he needs.

As far as one of the previous posters who says that anything said around this time of year doesn't mean anything, I'll have to somewhat disagree. Usually, I would be with you 100%, but not with mangini. He is very tight-lipped, to the point of extreme annoyance. When he chooses to say something, he means it, it's not just for show. So, if he says he likes Jamal it means he does, but doesn't mean he won't look to upgrade it if a smart offer comes around. And I think most people agree that trading for LJ wouldn't be the smartest of decisions.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          The Bengals got a second for Corey Dillon.
          difference is and it was pointed out on radio here.IIRC Corey Dillion grew tired of losing and was never accused of assaulting women or spitting drinks in their faces.LJ does'nt care about winning the only year he has'nt asked out of KC was the year he signed his new deal

Comment

Probably a third and then some exchange of picks, like a 6th for a 7th or something.

I wouldn't want LJ anywhere near my team, which is a good thing, since my team has two good RBs.

Seattle, Denver, Tampa, Arizona could all use the help

Comment

Send all annoying pre madonna players here....

Football Hell right there.
              Last edited by yodabear; 02-08-2009, 06:52 PM. Reason: Image too big.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                Send all annoying pre madonna players here....
                DETROIT

Football Hell right there.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                  difference is and it was pointed out on radio here.IIRC Corey Dillion grew tired of losing and was never accused of assaulting women or spitting drinks in their faces.
                  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo..._ap/index.html

O rly?

Comment

I wouldn't mind the Eagles taking a chance on him for the right price. He would be a good change of pace back from Westbrook and could take a little of the wear and tear from him.

Comment

I think a deal involving a franchised LeRoy Hill is more likely than giving up the 37th pick in the draft.
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I keep hearing Browns fans spouting off about how Jerome Harrison can't carry the load. Now everyone is saying it?

Why can't he carry the load? He is a very good pure runner, can catch out the backfield and is difficult to tackle. His senior year at Washington State he had 1900 yards on 308 carries, including 7.6 yards per carry against USC!

Don't tell me he is too small, 5'9" 210 is plenty big for the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                          difference is and it was pointed out on radio here.IIRC Corey Dillion grew tired of losing and was never accused of assaulting women or spitting drinks in their faces.LJ does'nt care about winning the only year he has'nt asked out of KC was the year he signed his new deal
                          Even though I agree that the situations are different, just thought I'd point out Dillon's arrest record (don't believe any happened after he was drafted).

Arrested for: DUI, theft (twice), intent to sell cocaine, obstructing a police officer (thrice), resisting arrest (twice), assault (five times), criminal trespass, malicious mischief (twice), reckless endangerment (twice)

He did assault his wife. However, he turned things around, Johnson has not shown this to be likely, nor is he as productive as Dillon was.

Dillon's last year here he wasn't bad, just had some injuries. That led to Rudi taking his carries which lead to him being more unhappy. He was not nearly the headcase that Johnson has been lately.

Comment

We (Seahawks) don't want Larry Johnson, sorry.

Comment

If he's cut, I'd like to see the Saints pursue him. I think we are fine at RB honestly, but he's so talented, I wouldn't want to just let him get away easily.
                              Originally posted by SNIPER26
                              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

This is probably a rediculous idea but might as well throw it out there...

Cassel for LJ and a Draft pick?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information