Where does Larry Johnson go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Larry Johnson go?

If he does in fact get traded (which he will), where do you think he goes?

My top 3.

1. Seahawks for 2nd and 5th round picks.
    Why? The Julius Jones trade didn't have much sucess, and Mo Morris is almost 30. God knows TJ Duckett isn't the answer. LJ could have a few good years with Seattle and might even help them back to the playoffs.

2. Bengals for 2nd and 3rd round picks.
    Why? Cedric Benson isn't the answer no matter how well he played down the stretch, and the Bengals won't be able to take a HB in round one, so trading for LJ could be a smart move.

3. Browns for 2nd, 5th and 7th round picks.
    Why? You've seen how slow Lewis is, and Jerome Harrison can't handle the load by himself. LJ would be a nice fit with the Browns and the might be willing to give up a 3rd pick to get him.

What do you think?

A high second+ for a RB that will be 30 during the season and has attitude problems? No thanks. If any of those teams did that they'd be making a big mistake.

Comment

Browns have 4 draft picks, and trading 3 of them away for a RB who only has a few years left in his prime would be a bad idea. Plus Eric Mangini said he likes Jamal Lewis and thinks he'll bounce back in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Blue_55 View Post
        If he does in fact get traded (which he will), where do you think he goes?

My top 3.

1. Seahawks for 2nd and 5th round picks.
        Why? The Julius Jones trade didn't have much sucess, and Mo Morris is almost 30. God knows TJ Duckett isn't the answer. LJ could have a few good years with Seattle and might even help them back to the playoffs.

2. Bengals for 2nd and 3rd round picks.
        Why? Cedric Benson isn't the answer no matter how well he played down the stretch, and the Bengals won't be able to take a HB in round one, so trading for LJ could be a smart move.

Why? You've seen how slow Lewis is, and Jerome Harrison can't handle the load by himself. LJ would be a nice fit with the Browns and the might be willing to give up a 3rd pick to get him.

What do you think?

1. I would think if the Seahawks were to trade for LJ, they'd want to unload one (or all) of the running backs they have. Possibly Julius Jones and a third for LJ.

2. "Cedric Benson isn't the answer no matter how well he played down the stretch" - I could see the Bengals trading for LJ in an effort to re-establish their run game, but this makes no sense.

Comment

Not only would Mike Brown never ok taking on a contract like that, that trade would be one of the worst decisions in a long line of bad decisions for him.

Comment

I doubt we get anything substantial for LJ if we get anything.a 4th might be best case scenario

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
              I doubt we get anything substantial for LJ if we get anything.a 4th might be best case scenario
              The Bengals got a second for Corey Dillon.

Comment

Yea I don't see him going to the Bengals at all.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Julius Jones and a 4th for LJ ;)

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
                  too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

Why would we want Julius Jones? Get real.

Best we can hope is that we get a (probably low) 3rd for him. Anything other than that is a pipe dream, unless a team is really desperate.

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                      Why would we want Julius Jones? Get real.

Best we can hope is that we get a (probably low) 3rd for him. Anything other than that is a pipe dream, unless a team is really desperate.
                      There was a winking smiley for a reason. :p

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
                      too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

Originally posted by OneToughGame View Post
                        There was a winking smiley for a reason. :p
                        Oh, I wasn't singling you out. Someone else had Julius Jones coming here too. I just don't get it!

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

As much of a jerk as he is, I think LJ is in a Chiefs uniform next year. He is worth more to the Chiefs than he is to anyone else.

Taking the cap hit to trade him probably means we sign 1 less free agent in the offseason too.

So you lose LJ and a free agent signing for a 4th round pick , and you have to rely on Jamaal Charles and Kolby Smith to carry the ball 25+ times a game?

LJ can still run the ball (blocking and catching not so much) and it would just create another hole that we would have to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Blue_55 View Post

What do you think?
                            The Browns dont have a 5th or 7th so that idea is screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              Browns have 4 draft picks, and trading 3 of them away for a RB who only has a few years left in his prime would be a bad idea. Plus Eric Mangini said he likes Jamal Lewis and thinks he'll bounce back in 2009.
                              Which means absolutely nothing at this time of the year, they will still be adding some sort of RB, if your going to ask Jamal Lewis to carry the rock 300+ times again I think your going to find out how old he really isl.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information