Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Jets and Lions in Trade Talk

Someone posted it in the Jets forum:

John Clayton on ESPN reported that the Jets and Lions are in trade talks about sending Vilma, #25, and our late 2nd for #2 overall.

No link as of now.

Damn this is one exciting offseason!

So you'd lose your best defensive player in order to draft whom? AD? I can't see you guys taking CJ, though he would be a great weapon for years to come, but AD could be great.

Comment

Damn, Vilma is a monster that'd be a crazy trade. But this is probably assuming Adrian Peterson would still be there. At the Lions pick. It would be a great trade for both. Detroit picking up the best young ILB, and still having a 1st rounder. And the Jets getting an amazing RB, and Vilma isn't as effective in the 3-4

Comment

EF, I guarantee you that the Raiders will not draft AP.

Comment

:O

ten times :O

bonekrusher on the sig magic
          <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
          <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Wow...that's a steep drop in the first round. Has a team ever traded that high up before?

I thought Vilma had a down year this year too...

Comment

"John Clayton on ESPN reported that the Jets and Lions are in trade talks about sending Vilma, #25, and our late 2nd for #2 overall."

If thats the case and the Jets take Peterson, I really hope the Browns take Calvin Johnson.

Comment

This is definitely a trade for Adrian Peterson.

Comment

Wow, if this happens, I may just not become a Jets fan anymore. We trade away the bulk of our draft, and our defensive captain. Just wow.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

I think that it would cost the jets their first and both second round picks to trade up that far. I'm assuming it's for Adrian Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                      So you'd lose your best defensive player in order to draft whom?
                      Vilma isn't their best defensive player in the 3-4. If the Jets trade him it means that Mangini doesn't believe that Vilma fits his system.

If this goes through I think the Jets would be getting the better end of this deal by far.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                        EF, I guarantee you that the Raiders will not draft AP.
                        Really, why is that? There moving to the west coact offense, which would be huge if they had a very good RB. They're reportedly keeping Moss. And they might get a vet QB.

Originally posted by Azale View Post
                        Wow...that's a steep drop in the first round. Has a team ever traded that high up before?

I thought Vilma had a down year this year too...
                        It was mainly because of the switch from 4-3 to 3-4

Comment

They might get a vet QB to pave the way for a younger one.

Comment

Do the Jets run a 4-3 or a 3-4?

If so, I could see them maybe trying to ink a trade with Cleveland for Andra Davis... Leon Williams and D'Qwell seem to fit the 3-4 a bit better.

Comment

The only way I'd trade Vilma would be for Vilma and a 3rd for #2

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information