Rumor: Jets and Lions in Trade Talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jets run a hybrid 3-4 I think.

Andra is fine in the 3-4, he gets a ton of tackles every year. We need better DL so he doesnt have to shed so much blockers and make a tackle 10 yards down field.

Comment

Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
      The only way I'd trade Vilma would be for Vilma and a 3rd for #2
      That's a bit ridiculous. Maybe Vilma and a high 2nd. That's a bit more realistic, but still a stretch.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
      <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
      <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

They run a 3-4, which is the only reason why Vilma is even thought about being dealt.

Comment

Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
          Wow, if this happens, I may just not become a Jets fan anymore. We trade away the bulk of our draft, and our defensive captain. Just wow.
          You say that now, but when Adrian Peterson rushes for 2,500 yards his rookie campaign, you may begin to reconsider . . .

Comment

The rumor around Denver was that Detroit wanted to acquire Al Wilson, but Shanny shot that down immediately. Now the Lions appear to be going after even bigger game in Vilma... I guess they *really* want a MLB to anchor their defense.

Comment

wow this would be a huge deal, Vilma is the face of the franchise and i couldnt see him anywhere but NYJ. This trade is for All Day but the Jets have to give up a lot for him, but you never know if relations between Vilma and the Jets might not be the strongest. Trade or no trade this is still exciting stuff.

former #1 in post count on this site
              first to 500 posts

Comment

Vilma does not fit the 3-4 so I understand it partially....but that run defense was so bad last year and they would be losing their best LB. Seems kind of fishy unless they bring in a FA or two.

And it would make mocks so hard to make because I could see them taking Quinn, Peterson, or Johnson there.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
                  You say that now, but when Adrian Peterson rushes for 2,500 yards his rookie campaign, you may begin to reconsider . . .
                  The only way AD would rush for 2,500 yards is on Madden 2008 if your playing on easy.
                  "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

I hate being "that guy" but can I have a link about this? Usually people say "John Clayton Reports. . . ." or "Adam Schefter reports. . . ." when there's a faulty news item. I remember reading on YAHOO! Answers some guy saying that Troy Aikman was coming out of retirement. Granted, this is a lot more realistic but the price for trading that high up would be ridiculous.

If so, this is obviously for AD but how would they work Leon Washington into the offense more? AD is obviously starting but how would they utilize Leon, I'm guessing like NE uses Kevin Faulk?
                    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
                      The only way AD would rush for 2,500 yards is on Madden 2008 if your playing on easy.
                      LOL! Most likely more than that, I could probably average 1018 yards per game with AD on Rookie.

Number 10, there run defense was so bad last year, but so was their run offense.

Comment

That trade values Vilma as the #7 overall pick roughly. That trade actually makes a lot of sense. Vilma is a very good fit in a tamp 2 defense, and the Jets can get either CJ or AD at #2. Huge trade but I actually think it makes some sense.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

AD hasnt played a full season of 10-12 games in college yet. How will he last 16 in the much more brutal NFL?

Frsh yr = 1 game from shoulder
                          soph yr = ankle causing him to have surjury
                          junior yr = colar bone, missing much of the season

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                            I hate being "that guy" but can I have a link about this? Usually people say "John Clayton Reports. . . ." or "Adam Schefter reports. . . ." when there's a faulty news item. I remember reading on YAHOO! Answers some guy saying that Troy Aikman was coming out of retirement. Granted, this is a lot more realistic but the price for trading that high up would be ridiculous.

If so, this is obviously for AD but how would they work Leon Washington into the offense more? AD is obviously starting but how would they utilize Leon, I'm guessing like NE uses Kevin Faulk?
                            Believe me, I want the link just as badly as everyone else. I'm looking hard for it. They would use Leon as a spell for AD, keep him fresh as a rookie. Also, we can line Leon up at WR, and maybe throw out a quick screen to him. Leon is good for about 6-10 carries a game with AD, and he can do damage that way. Also, in a split backs formation AD can block and Leon can run out of the backfield.

Comment

The Lions better make this trade before the Jets' front office sobers up and realizes what it just did....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I think it makes sense for both teams. Vilma is a very good LB, but not a great fit for the 3-4. Detroit really wants a MLB, but there isn't one worth taking at #2. They also still get a first round pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information