Rumor: Jets and Lions in Trade Talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    That trade values Vilma as the #7 overall pick roughly. That trade actually makes a lot of sense. Vilma is a very good fit in a tamp 2 defense, and the Jets can get either CJ or AD at #2. Huge trade but I actually think it makes some sense.
    I agree with you. Vilma is not such a great fit in a 3-4, but yet a top 3 LB in a 4-3. I would say a top three 25 year old linebacker with a positive attitude values to a top 5 draft pick. This trade would be the definition of blockbuster.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      The Lions better make this trade before the Jets' front office sobers up and realizes what it just did....
      That they traded a linebacker who doesn't really fit their defense for the #2 pick in the draft? If anything the Jets would be getting the better end of this deal. Vilma is good, but not enough to give up the #2 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
        Believe me, I want the link just as badly as everyone else. I'm looking hard for it. They would use Leon as a spell for AD, keep him fresh as a rookie. Also, we can line Leon up at WR, and maybe throw out a quick screen to him. Leon is good for about 6-10 carries a game with AD, and he can do damage that way. Also, in a split backs formation AD can block and Leon can run out of the backfield.
        That appears like a good scenario for all parties, Leon is too dangerous of a weapon to not be invovled in the offense in some capacity. I see end-arounds, reverses, etc out of him this year; sort-of like a poor Reggie Bush.
        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
          That appears like a good scenario for all parties, Leon is too dangerous of a weapon to not be invovled in the offense in some capacity. I see end-arounds, reverses, etc out of him this year; sort-of like a poor Reggie Bush.
          Exactly! A poor Reggie Bush is basically the PERFECT description for him.

Comment

A poor man = a bum right?

LOL made me laugh.

Comment

This is without a doubt a trade for AD.Jets fans just better hope hes there.
              Raiders are likely to cut Jordan.
              Raiders need a RB.
              Raiders could trade down with Houston.

I hope This trade happens.Then hopefully Houston will try and trade with Oakland.
              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                This is without a doubt a trade for AD.Jets fans just better hope hes there.
                Raiders are likely to cut Jordan.
                Raiders need a RB.
                Raiders could trade down with Houston.

I hope This trade happens.Then hopefully Houston will try and trade with Oakland.
                One thing we could do is heavily smokescreen that we are taking CJ, then trade down with Tampa, pick up extra picks and maybe take Joe Thomas? How is Thomas at RT?

Comment

The trade is definitely for Peterson, but if he's taken #1, we wouldn't have any problem taking Johnson. WR is barely a need, but, like we all know, he is clearly the best player in the draft and would help any team.

jetsfan3, we're not taking a RT at #4 overall.
                  Last edited by Gridiron; 03-03-2007, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
                    The trade is definitely for Peterson, but if he's taken #1, we wouldn't have any problem taking Johnson. WR is barely a need, but, like we all know, he is clearly the best player in the draft and would help any team.

jetsfan73, we're not taking a RT at #4 overall.
                    Who's jetsfan73?

We probably wont, but just imagine that line . . .

Comment

if they trade up to 2 they should take Joe Thomas and move him to RT. they'd have the most amazing young O-line.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

No thanks.

Comment

Raiders - Jemarcus Russell
                          Jets - Adrien Peterson
                          Browns - Calvin Johnson
                          TampaBay - screwed

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                            Raiders - Jemarcus Russell
                            Jets - Adrien Peterson
                            Browns - Calvin Johnson
                            TampaBay - screwed
                            LOL

AlexDown why are you opposed to this?

Comment

Tampa would be in decent shape, they would just get either Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas to replace Kenyatta Walker.
                              Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                                No thanks.
                                Someone who agrees! We are losing most of our first day picks to get Adrian Peterson. If Peterson had never gotten injured in college, I'd consider it, but giving up that much for a RB who was injury prone in college is too risky. If WR was a huge need of ours, I'd possibly consider it, but this is too much.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information