Rumor: Jets and Lions in Trade Talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
    In what way is getting the #2 not building through the draft?
    He means they're trading away picks which they need.

But if I remember they have 2 2nd rounders so trading one of them isn't that big of a deal. You still have 3 day 1 picks and one of them is 2nd overall.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

ok nvm damn ten characters

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by familyguy555 View Post
        ok nvm damn ten characters
        Yeah... that's what I said.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
          He means they're trading away picks which they need.

But if I remember they have 2 2nd rounders so trading one of them isn't that big of a deal. You still have 3 day 1 picks and one of them is 2nd overall.
          Yes. We have #37 (WSH 2nd rounder) and #57 or something, which is late. And the pick we are trading is the later pick, so we have #2 overall and #37 overall and a 3rd rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
            Eric Barton is a decent player and Vilma is definitely not our best LB anymore.

That title goes to Bryan Thomas.
            Victor Hobson was pretty good last year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
              That they traded a linebacker who doesn't really fit their defense for the #2 pick in the draft? If anything the Jets would be getting the better end of this deal. Vilma is good, but not enough to give up the #2 pick.

I understand that Vilma is a better fit in a 3-4 scheme and the Jets aren't going to run that but the Jets are giving up their first 2 picks in the draft and a pretty good linebacker for the 2nd pick. I'm sorry but with a draft that is going to have pretty good depth in the first 2 rounds, the Lions are getting the better end of this deal. I foresee this deal being spoken in the same breath as the LT-Vick and Eli-Rivers/Merriman trades.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

So how close is this to actually happening. If detroit does this, signs Curtis and have already signed white, This would be a great offseason just with those three things.

Comment

Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                  So how close is this to actually happening.
                  I'm dying to know the same thing.

Comment

It's merely a rumor. Hopefully we get some more information about it soon.
                    "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

Comment

If this comes true, the Lions instantly become my second favorite team, and I hate the Jets for at least a month.

I'm pissed off just hearing that this is a rumour.

Comment

Man, Elisha Cuthbert is so frickin hot!!!!

Comment

If they did this trade, it probably wouldnt happen until draft day so they can gaurantee the player they want is there.

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
                            Since when is one pick most of them?
                            Ok, learn to count. We lose 2 picks. We may be gaining one, but we are losing two picks.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

This is a massive move down for Detroit, but considering they would pick up a great fit for their defense in Vilma, and I like it.

To do this the Jets are going to have to really want Peterson, but if they do (and for them to be in talks about it I would imagine that would be the case) then I think it benefits both teams.

Comment

STOP!

Now take a deep breath! This is a rumor from someone who posted it, and that person didnt even hear it.

Has anyone even heard this even being mentioned, or heard it on ESPN? Cause i havent, and I feel like everyone is posting about nothing and nonsense!

Not even the biggest rumor mill in the internet profootballtalk doesnt have anything about it

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information