No announcement yet.

Byron Leftwich?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I would be fine with Leftwich. The only thing that really concerns me is his mobility and his time to throw the ball. I know both have been questioned in the past. Right now If i had to pick a QB from the FA it would be Garcia. He knows the system and has helped out teams that he went too. Also from living near the Buffalo area and being the the non buffalo bills fan in my family I do not want JP Losman for many reasons.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
      St. Louis...compete with Bulger.

I think he's strive in our newer offense...You have Jackson, McMichael and he could get it down deep to Avery, and Burton, and quick 5 - 10yd strikes with Holt.
      With the windup and less mobility than Bulger, he'd get killed behind that St.Louis offensive line.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

I will echo everyone on here and say Minnesota would be the best place for him.
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Minny is basically the best place for any QB if we're only talking about team's that have a high need for QB.

Great Offensive Line - check
          A top tier RB - check
          Above average to good receivers - check

I'm not disagreeing with anyone, because it is the best place for Leftwhich. But that's not really saying much.

Comment

Also the QB competition in Minnesota is piss poor at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
              No the Vikings are better off taking Josh Freeman with their 1rst round pick and developing him while Gus Ferotte gets killed for a few games. You guys need a long term answer, not a washed up bust. You guys have a unbelievable group of young talented building blocks, don't throw that away relying on Leftwich.
              You don't think the Vikings would be better off taking Byron Leftwich to be the guy now while they train a guy?

Leftwich was drafted in what.. 2003? I'd hardly say he's washed up.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Cassell got franchised, didn't he. So he's out of the mix. I thin these teams need to stay away from FA QB's. So very few times do they actually pane out and make significant impacts and take control of their franchise. The teams desperate for a QB need to draft one of the big 2 this year or take a chance on Josh Freeman or Nate Davis. They are better opotions then Leftwich.
                Drafting a QB is not a better option for teams built to "Win now" especially with Josh Freeman who needs atleast a year under a vet's tutelage and Nate Davis who also should've left his senior year.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I think he could wind up with the Jets too if Favre retires. Sign Leftwich and maybe draft a QB in the mid rounds. Start Leftwich, and let Clemens, Ratliff, and the rookie compete to be the #2/QB of the future.

I think next season, the Vikings will have one of either Leftwich, Derek Anderson, or Sanchez as their starter.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

No the Vikings are better off taking Josh Freeman with their 1rst round pick and developing him while Gus Ferotte gets killed for a few games. You guys need a long term answer, not a washed up bust. You guys have a unbelievable group of young talented building blocks, don't throw that away relying on Leftwich.
                    I shun you for saying that Minnesota takes Josh Freeman rather than picking up a FA QB. *Slaps in face* Minnesota already has a toolsy QB and the Vikings need to get a qaurterback and make a run at the super bowl now!

sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

Comment

JP Losman will end up in Minnesota and be EPIC. :D
                      Leftwhich will end up in NY as a Jet.
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I wouldn't mind having Leftwich in New York to compete for the job. Our running game will be good, we just need a solid passing attack. It doesn't need to be great. Our defense will be improved, as Revis, Lowery (possibly Gholston?) will have another year under their belts, our new pieces from last year will have had a chance to gel, and I think we'll draft another defensive piece in the first two rounds.

Comment

They are better off taking a developmental QB with a team that is ready to win now?
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Ummm, he's a backup for life now. He will never ever be looked at to lead a franchise ever again. Sorry to the Leftwich and Marshall fans out there, but he had his chance with a pretty decent team and he threw it away by never getting in shape, by never putting in the time and effort it takes to be a great QB. He's a backup lifer.

I wholeheartedly diasagree. He is a capable starter when put in the right situation. Some players just need a change of scenery. I think Minny would be an excellent spot for him.

Originally posted by SNIPER26
                            LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
                            Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Comment

Leftwich said he was healthier this season then he has been his entire career. Wasn't part of the reason Jacksonville released him because of injury concerns? I think if Leftwich jumps into a good situation he is ready to be an above average starter in the league. Minny would be an ideal situation as already stated multiple times. Even if he doesn't turn out to be great, he's still going to be better than Tavaris or Frerotte. Minnesota needs to get a QB NOW. They are a Super Bowl contender with a capable signal caller.

Comment

Leftwich to Berrian can be deadly.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information