Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byron Leftwich?

Where does he end up?

I'm curious about this because I see everyone fawning over Cassell and I'm wondering if he could end up on a team with playoff aspirations missing a QB.

Probably need a solid OL and a decent run game.

Minnesota? Detroit? KC?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Probably Minnesota...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I actually think he'd do quite well in Minnesota.

Comment

He needs time to be anywhere near half decent so he should talk to Minny, he's a solid starter in the NFL IMHO but if you start getting pressure on him with that slow ass wind-up it's tee up time...But he looked good in spot duty for Pitt.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          He needs time to be anywhere near half decent so he should talk to Minny, he's a solid starter in the NFL IMHO but if you start getting pressure on him with that slow ass wind-up it's tee up time...But he looked good in spot duty for Pitt.
          He's got awesome power/accuracy, but.. I wish I could see him put a little touch.

I just don't know if he's the primary FA QB or where he'd fit.

Comment

Jets seem like a good option. Chicago was also a rumor for a while.
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Ummm, he's a backup for life now. He will never ever be looked at to lead a franchise ever again. Sorry to the Leftwich and Marshall fans out there, but he had his chance with a pretty decent team and he threw it away by never getting in shape, by never putting in the time and effort it takes to be a great QB. He's a backup lifer.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
                Ummm, he's a backup for life now. He will never ever be looked at to lead a franchise ever again. Sorry to the Leftwich and Marshall fans out there, but he had his chance with a pretty decent team and he threw it away by never getting in shape, by never putting in the time and effort it takes to be a great QB. He's a backup lifer.
                Meh...sure nobody is going to just hand him a job going into training camp. But I expect him to get a few offers to compete with a young guy in camp. Everyone knows who washed up Daunte Culpepper has been for the last few seasons and he started five games for Detroit this year. He could very well choose to come back to Pittsburgh, though. It's a good situation for him.

Comment

Vikings...

Great offensive line, great running game and they have the speed at wide receiver so Leftwich can throw those bombs. The Vikings should definitely give him a look this off-season.
                  Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
                    I don't know... Seeing the FA pool of QB's he's got to be one of the best options.

Kurt Warner, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
                    Matt Cassel, UFA, New England Patriots
                    Kerry Collins, UFA, Tennessee Titans
                    Jeff Garcia, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                    Rex Grossman, UFA, Chicago Bears
                    Kyle Boller, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
                    Charlie Batch, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
                    David Carr, UFA, N.Y. Giants Ryan Fitzpatrick, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
                    Byron Leftwich, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
                    J.P. Losman, UFA, Buffalo Bills
                    Luke McCown, UFA, Tampa Bay Bucs
                    Dan Orlovsky, UFA, Detroit
                    J.T. O'Sullivan San Francisco 49ers
                    Patrick Ramsey, UFA, Denver Broncos

Thats your QB Free Agency group.

Batch will likely be back in Pittsburgh.

Cassell will be the Hot guy..

Leftwich, Losman and Garcia are the next tier.

With only 2 "Top" QB's coming out in Stafford/Sanchez.. I can definitely see Leftwich being given a shot in some camp to start.

Comment

No the Vikings are better off taking Josh Freeman with their 1rst round pick and developing him while Gus Ferotte gets killed for a few games. You guys need a long term answer, not a washed up bust. You guys have a unbelievable group of young talented building blocks, don't throw that away relying on Leftwich.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                        Vikings...

Great offensive line, great running game and they have the speed at wide receiver so Leftwich can throw those bombs. The Vikings should definitely give him a look this off-season.
                        I agree. At this point he's better than any other option they have right now. He was an adequate starter in Jacksonville just barely above the level of game manager. He'd be a pretty good fit in Minnesota I think with an entire offseason of training to get used to the scheme and personnel. Might as well give it a shot.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                          I don't know... Seeing the FA pool of QB's he's got to be one of the best options.

Kurt Warner, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
                          Matt Cassel, UFA, New England Patriots
                          Kerry Collins, UFA, Tennessee Titans
                          Jeff Garcia, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                          Rex Grossman, UFA, Chicago Bears
                          Kyle Boller, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
                          Charlie Batch, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
                          David Carr, UFA, N.Y. Giants Ryan Fitzpatrick, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
                          Byron Leftwich, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
                          J.P. Losman, UFA, Buffalo Bills
                          Luke McCown, UFA, Tampa Bay Bucs
                          Dan Orlovsky, UFA, Detroit
                          J.T. O'Sullivan San Francisco 49ers
                          Patrick Ramsey, UFA, Denver Broncos

Thats your QB Free Agency group.

Batch will likely be back in Pittsburgh.

Cassell will be the Hot guy..

Leftwich, Losman and Garcia are the next tier.

With only 2 "Top" QB's coming out in Stafford/Sanchez.. I can definitely see Leftwich being given a shot in some camp to start.
                          Cassell got franchised, didn't he. So he's out of the mix. I thin these teams need to stay away from FA QB's. So very few times do they actually pane out and make significant impacts and take control of their franchise. The teams desperate for a QB need to draft one of the big 2 this year or take a chance on Josh Freeman or Nate Davis. They are better opotions then Leftwich.

Comment

Wouldn't be shocked if he's brought in to compete in Tennessee with Simms and Collins both free agents. They brought him for a workout around the same time they signed Simms to "update their records" and apparently he did alright.

I understand why he wasn't extended in Jacksonville as he just wasn't living up to his draft placement but I'm surprised he hasn't been given that much of a shot elsewhere since. It's not like he was horrible, just nothing special.

Comment

St. Louis...compete with Bulger.

I think he's strive in our newer offense...You have Jackson, McMichael and he could get it down deep to Avery, and Burton, and quick 5 - 10yd strikes with Holt.
                              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information