Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't get something about cutting T.O.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
    The chemistry on the entrie team was messed up, whether it was T.O.'s fault or not.
    And that is why I celebrated the day they hired wade to replace the tuna.

Comment

Garrett was a worse hire than Wade.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

I'm getting the feeling from some of the Cowboys fans on here that they aren't expecting much next season from the Cowboys, or at least if they do accomplish something, it will be despite a lot fo these factors...
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

A lot of us expect much of the same...primary reason I think we'll see the same problems is because, Garrett is still around. He doesnt have a clue and much of the offensive unit has no faith in him as playcaller. Hard to go a day without some one new on the team calling Garrett out this off-season.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-09-2009, 01:21 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

TO would net nothing in a trade. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he never played again, I can only see the most desparate of desparate teams offering him at this point.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              A lot of us expect much of the same...primary reason I think we'll see the same problems is because, Garrett is still around. He doesnt have a clue and much of the offensive unit has no faith in him as playcaller. Hard to go a day without some one new on the team calling Garrett out this off-season.
              What's the beef with JG? Why don't you like him?

Comment

Lets see the Jets go after him. Rex Ryan will put him in place. haha

seriously kidding, I don't want him on the Jets. I would wish him to go to the Pats but Belichek will figure out a way to turn him good. bastard
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                  He's a horrible play caller that builds no kind of rhythm or balance.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

He doesnt know how to ultize the weapons he has and he has over simplified his offense so much that opposing teams are calling out our plays as soon as we get out of the huddle. Ray Lewis, Dick Lebeau, Deshea Townsend among others. Have all had comments about knowing what play Garrett was going to call next, how we have the most predictable offense in the league, the most redundant playcalling....etc. Garrett's playbook is shallow and his playcalling is stale. He doesnt know anything about playcalling. He doesnt know how to establish rhythm, with a rhythm Qb no less and when we do find something, he always finds a way to mess that up.

He was handed the job and was not ready for it...he had great success for about 12 or so games in his first year here but, as soon as teams caught on to what he was doing, it has been a constant battle to maintain a consistantly good offense with him in charge. He is a major problem and I'd go as far as saying, the biggest problem this team has right now. Most of us were praying someone would be stupid enough to take him off of our hands...then this whole Reeves thing came up and gave us a little hope. Considering Reeves would have been mentoring Garrett and reportedly would have had a major role in coaching the offense....but, JJ went and messed that up...so, now we're stuck with the uselss Garrett trying to figure things out on his own, all over again. blah.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-09-2009, 01:35 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                      ...and if you ask Ray Lewis... His offense is one of the most simplistic in the entire league. Garrett is such a bad OC... and would be worse as a HC, because he'd still want to call the offense.

The reason why we almost hired Dan Reeves was to mainly consult Garrett on how to be a better OC.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                        But his system has allowed Romo to do good things in it. Is Garrett on the field or in the boothe?

Comment

Romo would be a lot better off without Garrett...as would the rest of the team. I posted a pretty long explanation of what is wrong with Garrett on the previous page, if you havent seen it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            He doesnt know how to ultize the weapons he has and he has over simplified his offense so much that opposing teams are calling out our plays as soon as we get out of the huddle. Ray Lewis, Dick Lebeau, Deshea Townsend among others. Have all had comments about knowing what play Garrett was going to call next, how we have the most predictable offense in the league, the most redundant playcalling....etc. Garrett's playbook is shallow and his playcalling is stale. He doesnt know anything about playcalling. He doesnt know how to establish rhythm, with a rhythm Qb no less and when we do find something, he always finds a way to mess that up.

He was handed the job and was not ready for it...he had great success for about 12 or so games in his first year here but, as soon as teams caught on to what he was doing, it has been a constant battle to maintain a consistantly good offense with him in charge. He is a major problem and I'd go as far as saying, the biggest problem this team has right now. Most of us were praying someone would be stupid enough to take him off of our hands...then this whole Reeves thing came up and gave us a little hope. Considering Reeves would have been mentoring Garrett and reportedly would have had a major role in coaching the offense....but, JJ went and messed that up...so, now we're stuck with the uselss Garrett trying to figure things out on his own, all over again. blah.

Over simplified offense? The question would be more on the coaches in the box. You do realize calling games on the sideline is nearly impossible at ANY football level. This would mean you need a strong set of position coaches in the boothe. That is one HUGE UNDERRATED aspect of football which fans tend to pass on.

How are your coaches in the boothe? Who is responsible for helping Garrett out? What are their roles in the boothe come gameday? Same can be said for Kildrive and the other coaches for my team, for the fans that say the same stuff you're saying, but the contrary, that our offense is too damn complex.

I am not saying your wrong, and that sounds about accurate, that teams can adapt to your scheme based on many games of tape. But a valid question is how good are your position coaches? What the heck are they doing in the boothe? Are they giving him good information? I been in the boothe where the offensive coach sucked! He was stating the obvious and didn't help at all with what suggestion to give to counter the opposing defense. That to me, would anger me ALOT!

Also, organization is a big issue. How does Garrett organize his call sheet? How many plays from the previous game does he carry over to the upcoming game? Is he listening to other coaches input or is Wade telling him what to run.

I am sure some of the stuff you are saying may be accurate but usually there is ALOT more that goes down behind the scenes that fans would never know.

Comment

Firstly, Wade Phillips has no authority over Jason Garrett and his playcalling. Garrett is in charge and is calling every play for our offense. As for the guys upstairs...John Garrett, Jason's brother, is more or less the primary relay man up there. I've never questioned the guys we have looking from above, really...Garrett in the end, is the man who makes the final decision on what is called. He has complete control, he's a pass heavy/pass first guy who is going to do w/e he wants regardless...just like the Andy Reid's and Mike Martz's of the world. But, there is a major difference in the plays he is actually sending in. His entire system is constantlty referred to as overly simple and unimaginative, Roy Williams, was the most recent to come out and talk about it. Saying how shocked he was that the Lions playbook was much more complex and deep. He even commented on the fact that opposing corners kept asking him why he was constantly running the same routes in our offense...and he had to ask if he they could add some slants. Garrett really is completely clueless...and he has no idea how to adjust to his talent's strengths.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Over simplified offense? The question would be more on the coaches in the box. You do realize calling games on the sideline is nearly impossible at ANY football level. This would mean you need a strong set of position coaches in the boothe. That is one HUGE UNDERRATED aspect of football which fans tend to pass on.

How are your coaches in the boothe? Who is responsible for helping Garrett out? What are their roles in the boothe come gameday? Same can be said for Kildrive and the other coaches for my team, for the fans that say the same stuff you're saying, but the contrary, that our offense is too damn complex.

I am not saying your wrong, and that sounds about accurate, that teams can adapt to your scheme based on many games of tape. But a valid question is how good are your position coaches? What the heck are they doing in the boothe? Are they giving him good information? I been in the boothe where the offensive coach sucked! He was stating the obvious and didn't help at all with what suggestion to give to counter the opposing defense. That to me, would anger me ALOT!

Also, organization is a big issue. How does Garrett organize his call sheet? How many plays from the previous game does he carry over to the upcoming game? Is he listening to other coaches input or is Wade telling him what to run.

I am sure some of the stuff you are saying may be accurate but usually there is ALOT more that goes down behind the scenes that fans would never know.
                                You're right about that... It takes someone who's a real expert to call the game from the field. It's done more commonly than you'd think though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information