End of The Season Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    just busy bro. im probably gonna be MIA like this for awhile, i'll stop by once in awhile to chat football but its the offseason, so you know how it goes.
    I hope you drop by a lot, especially around the Draft (Combine's next week too). I always enjoy reading your thoughts and stuff, bud.

I'll add some season end thoughts today or tomorrow.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

-After watching Warner and how effortless it is to pass to Fitz and Boldin, it makes you wonder how much Leinart really does suck that he couldn't succeed with those 2 guys as his WRs.
      That is kind of unfair. Warner is a great QB, he makes it look effortless. Granted it is easier throwing to them then throwing to any other WRs in the league(Pats and Packers are 2a and 2b.) But I think you are underestimating Warner's ability.
      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

well DUH.

my point was you'll be a more successful team with Kerry back. SB aspirations are still alive with him at qb.
        Yeah I know. I kind of agree with TitanHope though and think that if for some reason we don't resign Haynesworth, then VY will be our starter next year.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by DI View Post

- Tom Brady will be Tom Brady
          I disagree.
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
            I disagree.
            You think he's taking Giselle's family name?

Comment

-And I leave you with this classic Tim Lewis quote regarding the Seahawks:

"I’m not so sure you won’t refer to this as the West Coast defense. It’s really neat to have as many people with as much experience as we’ve got on our defensive side. It will be diverse. It will be dynamic.”

All I gotta say is LMAOOOO. Enjoy watching your CBs play 15 yards off their WR every play Seahawks fans. Enjoy that "west coast defense".

Just thank the football gods that he's just a DB coach and not your coordinator.
              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Transformers! More than meets the eye!

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
                  You think he's taking Giselle's family name?
                  omg Tom Bündchen would be hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                    omg Tom Bündchen would be hilarious
                    I crapped myself after thinking that.

I am looking at one in the NFL shop and might buy it for a few friends of mine lol

imagine some stupid Boston clowns walking around with a 12 - BUNDCHEN jersey hahahaa
                    Last edited by bored of education; 02-09-2009, 03:16 PM.
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

"The Titans need to resign Collins. He's good enough to win a championship with. Young, is not. "

Maybe, if the Titans D evolves to noteable-in-NFL-history status. Otherwise I think you need more from the QB position than Kerry can provide. He could pull it off, but I don't see the Steelers and their D basically coming down to their QB to win a Superbowl as being a fluke. At some point during the playoffs and Superbowl, chances are your QB is going to have to be the difference, and I don't see that in Collins. He had a pretty decent game against the Ravens in the playoffs, but I feel in that game there was room for the Titans QB to pull out the W regardless of the dumb penalties and turnovers. Kerry did a good job not losing games, but rarely was he the difference in wins, and riding that type of QB all the way to a Superbowl win needs a hell of a defense IMO. Not that the Titans have many other options for QB, but if he wants to be paid like a proper QB then he should be allowed to go into free agency with that mindset and see how it works out.

As for Young - he hasn't played a proper game for a long time now, who knows where he's at for next season.

Comment

I somewhat feel bad for the Seahawks. Apparently Lewis sucks ass, and I can tell you from experience the Mora/Knapp combo does.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          I somewhat feel bad for the Seahawks. Apparently Lewis sucks ass, and I can tell you from experience the Mora/Knapp combo does.

Somewhat related to this morbid post is this hysterical look back on the greatest Seahawks head coach of all time:

We already miss your horrendous clock management and 3rd-and-long draws to Mack Strong and Leonard Weaver.

I'm paraphrasing here, but these are the types of posts I came across when I visited a Falcons message board after the Seahawks hired OC Greg Knapp:
                          "This is what they can expect...

1st down- run for one yard.
                          2nd down- run for one yard.
                          3rd down- incomplete pass.
                          4th down- punt."
                          "I hope they have a good punter... lol."
                          "If you like defense you'll LOVE Greg Knapp."
                          Ugh.
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

hahahahaha . . . send me a Bunchen jersey. I'll wear that!

Thoughts on rules:

Put an end to the No Fun League era. Change the nonsense 'celebration' rules. I'm ok with the team celebration stuff being overboard, but TO doing the camera thing, lining up for the dash (Bolt) and Welker getting a 15 yarder for a snow angel???? Absolutely Ludacris. lol

Put an end to the excessive fines for onfield hits. It's a violent game. Unless it's the clear cut variety like helmet first, clear late hits, etc. we should not have to suffer constant stoppages and week long discussions about who was fined each week. Please note, however, that I am pretty tired of watching defensive players (especially DBs) getting in that last cheap shot by hitting the ballcarrier just before his entire body is on the ground.

Other thougths:

It always sucks when the season is really over, but I'm pretty glad that the Celtics & Bruins are both awesome this year. Sunday is a little less sucky knowing I'll have one or both teams playing every week, and they will actually compete.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information