No announcement yet.

Dewayne white signs with lions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, wrong thread. What happened to deleting a post?
    Last edited by ny10804; 03-03-2007, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
      thats a steal. Ive seen this guy play trust me u guys got him for good money.
      $5.8M a year for a guy who has never been a full time starter is a steal?

I wanted the Bucs to re-sign him, but not for that kind of scratch. He showed some flashes, but not enough of them to warrant those dollars.
      "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

slight ovepayment. but I was hoping that we would sign him...sucks to see him go, as he was a minority of rising young Bucs defensive players...
        Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
        Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
        Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
        A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Considering that everyone is getting overpaid, I'm not sure that this is that big of an overpayment.

Comment

At that price I am glad he signed elsewhere.

Comment

People aren't getting overpaid, salaries are just inflating as the cap does. These players aren't any more deserving than players were in the past, they are just capitalizing on the new money available.

The NFL is turning into MLB/NBA. Mediocre starters getting paid 5 mil a year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Dewayne White could be good. I always liked him.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                Originally posted by TitanHope
                R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                  Dewayne White could be good. I always liked him.
                  I liked him too, and at times he showed a great motor and was very disruptive. He just didn't do that consistently enough. I had high hopes when Rice went on IR last season that White would really flourish. I think he had about 8 games and I was kind of disappointed with his production.

I believe he was a second round pick and his rookie season was a waste because he reported out of shape. He showed improvement every year after than, I guess. Marinelli coached in Tampa so he knows what he is getting, and if anyone can get the most out of him it is Marinelli.
                  "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

I think Marinelli could really squeeze the juice of White. And if for some reason or another he doesn't work out as a starter, you know you have a good situational End.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                    Originally posted by TitanHope
                    R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                    He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

knows the coach but they overpaid to make sure they got themselves a starting DE

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Good signing, at the right price, Millen is really having a good offseason so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                          Good signing, at the right price, Millen is really having a good offseason so far.
                          He still has the draft to go though so don't crown him yet :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Good, under the radar, signing. I think Detroit's defense is going to be a unheralded unit, that will surprise next year. If they add a few more pieces in the draft, that is.

Comment

Catching up a bit on things, but I loved this move. A solid end that offers them options in the draft, and opens up opportunities for them. Fills a need and gives them flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                                Catching up a bit on things, but I loved this move. A solid end that offers them options in the draft, and opens up opportunities for them. Fills a need and gives them flexibility.
                                Good to hear that toonster approves . . . I don't know enough about this guy to make any judgement at this point . . . just that he got a boatload of money.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information