Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Players will actually hit the market?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
    I like the chances of Denver landing him....Nolans bringing in the 3-4 Right?
    I would rather use Moss and Dumervil at OLB then spending a large amount of their cap on Peppers. They still need a NT, DE, 2 ILB(Williams will fail in a 34).

    Comment


    • #17
      I don't know for sure Peppers walks to Free Agency without a fight, seems likely they tag him(they do have that right) and just trade him to highest bidder or force him to play...Everyone always assumes guys will be Free Agents but it wouldn't make much sense from Carolina's standpoint to just let him walk for free, same reason it wouldn't of made sense for the Pats to let Cassell get away for free.





      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        I don't know for sure Peppers walks to Free Agency without a fight, seems likely they tag him(they do have that right) and just trade him to highest bidder or force him to play...Everyone always assumes guys will be Free Agents but it wouldn't make much sense from Carolina's standpoint to just let him walk for free, same reason it wouldn't of made sense for the Pats to let Cassell get away for free.
        Exactly, everyone is getting their hopes up for Nnamdi to hit the market but he is all the Raiders really have left for star power.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Donno View Post
          Exactly, everyone is getting their hopes up for Nnamdi to hit the market but he is all the Raiders really have left for star power.
          If the Raiders were smart, they would franchise him and put him up for trade and take the best offer. They can only franchise tag him for one more year and he hits the market for good, with absolutely nothing in return. What good is having the guy closest to being a shutdown CB in the NFL play for them for this upcoming year? A 1st and 3rd might have a better impact for the Raiders for this upcoming year and in the future. No way he resigns with the Raiders.

          Maybe Oakland would be more likely to do it with the emergence of Chris Johnson. You never know what Oakland though.

          "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            I don't know for sure Peppers walks to Free Agency without a fight, seems likely they tag him(they do have that right) and just trade him to highest bidder or force him to play...Everyone always assumes guys will be Free Agents but it wouldn't make much sense from Carolina's standpoint to just let him walk for free, same reason it wouldn't of made sense for the Pats to let Cassell get away for free.
            But its going to be hard with the Gross situation. In a normal situation, thats what they would do (see cassel and the nnamdi situations). However, resigning Gross and franchising Peppers is hard to do with the cap (i think) and that is stopping the Panthers from keeping both players. They might just let him go, seeing that Gross was an integral part of that dominant dominant rushing attack that lead them to success.

            "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
              If the Raiders were smart, they would franchise him and put him up for trade and take the best offer. They can only franchise tag him for one more year and he hits the market for good, with absolutely nothing in return. What good is having the guy closest to being a shutdown CB in the NFL play for them for this upcoming year? A 1st and 3rd might have a better impact for the Raiders for this upcoming year and in the future. No way he resigns with the Raiders.

              Maybe Oakland would be more likely to do it with the emergence of Chris Johnson. You never know what Oakland though.
              You can franchise tag a player as many years in a row as you want.

              Comment


              • #22
                Even if you couldn't before, unless a new CBA is ironed out, such a rule would likely be void next offseason anyway.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  we have a huge amount of cap space. if not peppers, who should we spend the money on at NT/ILB this offseason? all of those amazing players who... oh yeah, aren't free agents? when you typed this post, are you sure you didn't mean to say:

                  "i don't think denver should sign him because i want him to come to my team so i should probably include some specious reasoning"?
                  I wonder what kind of value that Broncos could get for trading DJ Williams. Late 2nd-early 3rd?
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Yep...

                    It will be interesting to see what happens with Nnamdi in Oakland. I'd love for us to sign him long term, but I understand why he wants to leave. I don't see us just letting him walk, so we will most likely tag him again.

                    The real question becomes, how much does a team (maybe New Orleans??) give up for a Pro-Bowl corner like Nnamdi?

                    Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      You can franchise tag a player as many years in a row as you want.
                      Really? I didn't know that.

                      Either way, I still think that is the best option for the Raiders.

                      "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Peppers is almost certainly going to have a new uniform come the start of the 09 season.

                        It all hinges on what happens with Jordan Gross. The Panthers almost had Gross signed last year before the start of Free Agency but couldn't hammer out some minor details so they slapped the tag on him.

                        Lo and behold he has an AP season, so now his price tag significantly increases. With the extension of Gamble, that leaves the team in a bit of a salary cap pickle.

                        The team can and likely will free up space by cutting lucas, hackett and johnson (landon) and extending delhomme to ease his cap hit freeing up close to 10 mill in addition to what's already free...

                        When that occurs, Gross is likely to get his mega franchise size deal. Following this we'll see Peppers franchised and then later him traded for some manner of pick and or pick/player/s and the team go into the draft relatively happy.

                        The worst case scenario is the Panthers can't work something out with Gross and they tag him allowing Pep to walk unabaited and then they go into the next season without any real certainty at tackle or De and only a 2nd round pick...

                        In short: Watch what happens with Gross if you want to know what's happening with Peppers.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X

                        Debug Information