No announcement yet.

Team-by-team Cap Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew the Saints were $5 million over. We're going to have release several veterans and restructure some deals.

I would expect Deuce McAllister, David Patten, Brian Young, and Mark Simoneau all to be released. Mike McKenzie and possibly Jamar Nesbit will get their deals restructured. I think the team will also look into releasing Jason David, Kevin Kaesviharn, and Mark Brunell.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

The Titans' numbers are correct. We're approximately between $31-$32 million under the cap. We also have $12 million dollars more than the next closest AFC playoff team, the Steelers.

Major props to the work GM Mike Reinfeldt has done over the past 3 seasons.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

KC with the expected releases should have even more then 33 mill

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
          What? That is awesome.

We'll have 20-30 million, with luck we'll cut Jennings and Roman.
          Haha, I feel for you.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Thanks to likely to be earned incentive clauses, these numbers don't mean a whole lot. Some teams probably have an extra $10M or so in cap credit from loophole LTBE's not reached, like ST linebackers kicking 20 field goals, etc. I wish these clauses were reported better, they can make a big impact and often go completely unreported.

It's funny how different the cap is today compared to only a few seasons ago. Managing the cap used to about when you had to blowup the roster and rebuild, not if. Had the CBA run out 2 years earlier etc etc, the Titans would probably just be on the downhill now from the McNair, Mason, Rolle etc era. Then you see teams like the Colts hovering under the cap by a small margin in cap-friendly times continuing an impressive playoff streak, and can't help but wonder if this state of an almost ineffective and irrelevant salary cap system coming about when it did hasn't been a huge factor in that.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              Haha, I feel for you.
              I dont know what Nolan was thinking with bringing him in. We must have been desperate. Then again, I often question Nolan decisions.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                I dont know what Nolan was thinking with bringing him in. We must have been desperate. Then again, I often question Nolan decisions.
                Nolan had a sick Mark Roman fetish. He loved that guy. I have no idea why. He even made him the defensive headset guy to start the season before giving it to PWillie. Just plain stupid love for such a terrible player. Made no sense.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                  Nolan had a sick Mark Roman fetish. He loved that guy. I have no idea why. He even made him the defensive headset guy to start the season before giving it to PWillie. Just plain stupid love for such a terrible player. Made no sense.
                  Kind of like his love of Damane Duckett.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

The Skins will still offer the biggest contracts to the biggest free agents. Wait when there is no cap Snyder will let you be mayor of D.C.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Those numbers have to be false. There is no way those teams have more then the Packers....18 million, who have we given half of our cap too...

Comment

The Packers are in much worse shape than I thought. We still have to give out contracts to Jennings, Collins, and the #9 pick. That could get pricey.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                          The Packers are in much worse shape than I thought. We still have to give out contracts to Jennings, Collins, and the #9 pick. That could get pricey.
                          That may be where the term "projected" comes in for the guys at askthecommish.
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                            Those numbers have to be false. There is no way those teams have more then the Packers....18 million, who have we given half of our cap too...
                            Aaron Rodgers
                            Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 02-10-2009, 04:49 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

right, Rodgers took 20 million..

Comment

Pretty sure that's the Jets' figure with Favre included.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information