No announcement yet.

Team-by-team Cap Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lions have between 36-40 million, not 26.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
      Nolan had a sick Mark Roman fetish. He loved that guy. I have no idea why. He even made him the defensive headset guy to start the season before giving it to PWillie. Just plain stupid love for such a terrible player. Made no sense.
      But then they gave it back to Roman because Willis said it was distracting him while he was trying to get real on some fools.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
        The Lions have between 36-40 million, not 26.
        Now that I think about it, I've seen the Bucs reported at around $52 million, and the Broncos reported at $41 million. Maybe askthecommish is taking into account the signings of draft picks... That would explain the discrepancy about the Lions, Bucs, and Broncos....
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

31 million in cap and we're lowballing the hell out of Haynesworth. It's gonna be a sad day when he walks... :(
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Have faith VooDoo, for the force is with us...
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
              He also says the Niners cap space is about $12 million, not $26 million.
              No, he says it's $12M at the moment and will be between $20-30M when free agency starts because each year the cap grows and the FO worked contracts out so that we had even more space, like the aforementioned clause in Donald Strickland's contract.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                No, he says it's $12M at the moment and will be between $20-30M when free agency starts because each year the cap grows.
                Sense. It makes.
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

The Vikings actually have 28 Million under the cap not 20.

The Vikings’ salary-cap situation
                  February 10th, 2009 – 1:30 PM by Judd Zulgad

And you thought the NFL season just finished. Actually, the fun is just starting.

The scouting combine is next week and on Feb. 27 free agency will kickoff. While the free-agent crop might make it unlikely the Vikings will spend like they did a year ago, the salary-cap shouldn’t be an issue. The Vikings are currently about $28 million under the $123 million cap for the 2009 season.

That is down slightly from last season when the Vikings entered free agency with more than $30 million in cap space. Minnesota’s cap room for this year could grow depending on any moves made before the free agency period begins that could clear more space.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Doesn't really matter with the cap going away and all...

What really surprises me is that Detroit actually spent a cent for their team. I'm flabergasted! :p

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                      Have faith VooDoo, for the force is with us...
                      Lord I hope so. Resigning Haynesworth and picking up a number one receiver= dream off-season for me. The draft would then just be icing on the cake.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

It always amazes me every year when the Vikings seem to have $15/20M in cap room.

They must be masters of the cap, because they've spent like crazy.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Again, for people claiming their team has a few extra $M more than reported here, the "salary cap" being a static figure is a myth - LTBE incentives makes the projected $123M cap actually vary from team to team with cap credits. The exact cap room numbers will vary a lot depending on what the source factors in. Realistically it won't matter much for 90% of teams what the exact amount is as they won't be spending anywhere near it.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            31 million in cap and we're lowballing the hell out of Haynesworth. It's gonna be a sad day when he walks... :(
                            That's just how contract talks start. Got to know the limits, both ways. Team lowballs, agent throws out a stupid high set of numbers. If they can find a middle ground before the clock runs out, they have a deal.

Personally, I won't be excited either way. One way we're letting our best player go, the other way we're paying top defensive player money to a guy who hasn't played a full season yet in his career, who has had more sacks in his 2 contract years than every year before that combined. By resigning Haynesworth, we're also not generally getting better as a team - just avoiding getting worse. Who knows, maybe shifting slightly away from defense and focusing a bit more on offense and hence balancing the team is what the Titans need. It's an awfully big risk either way.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                              Those numbers have to be false. There is no way those teams have more then the Packers....18 million, who have we given half of our cap too...
                              Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                              The Packers are in much worse shape than I thought. We still have to give out contracts to Jennings, Collins, and the #9 pick. That could get pricey.
                              Don't worry, when the actual figures come out we'll have at least $25 million if not closer to 30.

Comment

The Lions have closer to 35-38 million right now, not 26.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information