Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team-by-team Cap Room

Source: Askthecommish.com

These are rough estimates as of early February but all the figures are supposed to be close to accurate.

Projected 2009 NFL Salary Cap Space for Each Team
    Rank -- Team -- $ Under the Cap
    1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers $42000000
    2. Arizona Cardinals $41000000
    3. Denver Broncos $34000000
    4. Kansas City Chiefs $33000000
    5. Tennessee Titans $31000000
    6. Miami Dolphins $28000000
    7. Buffalo Bills $27000000
    8. Detroit Lions $26000000
    9. San Francisco 49ers $26000000
    10. Houston Texans $25000000
    11. Philadelphia Eagles $25000000
    12. Cincinnati Bengals $22000000
    13. New England Patriots $21000000
    14. Minnesota Vikings $20000000
    15. Atlanta Falcons $20000000
    16. Pittsburgh Steelers $19000000
    17. Baltimore Ravens $19000000
    18. Chicago Bears $19000000
    19. Green Bay Packers $18000000
    20. Cleveland Browns $17000000
    21. Jacksonville Jaguars $16000000
    22. San Diego Chargers $14000000
    23. NY Giants $11000000
    24. Dallas Cowboys $10000000
    25. Carolina Panthers $9000000
    26. Seattle Seahawks $9000000
    27. St. Louis Rams $8000000
    28. Oakland Raiders $4000000
    29. Indianapolis Colts $2000000
    30. Washington Redskins $-3000000
    31. New Orleans Saints $-5000000
    32. NY Jets $-7000000

Take this for what you want because I'm not sure how accurate it really is. ESPN's Mike Sando has the Seahawks with $20.3 million in cap room, not $9 million. He also says the Niners cap space is about $12 million, not $26 million. Maybe Askthecommish.com is considering the potential re-structuring of Alex Smith and releasing of Jonas Jennings in the Niners case?

Anyway I think it's pretty obvious that the Broncos are in excellent shape. They have no big guys to re-sign and can focus on defensive free agents. As far as the Jets go, they obviously have some work to do but if Favre retires I think that number will go way up.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Wow, it's not a bad thing when the Superbowl runners up have the 2nd most cap space. I'd give Boldin a matching deal to Fitz and keep the core of that team at its best....

Comment

Eagles are in really good shape headed into the off-season, 25,000,000 in cap space, 2 first round picks, 10 picks total.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        Wow, it's not a bad thing when the Superbowl runners up have the 2nd most cap space. I'd give Boldin a matching deal to Fitz and keep the core of that team at its best....
        I think its past giving him his money now, the wound is that deep. Personally i'd be shocked if he's still a Cardinal next year. I'd trade him for a first rounder(possibly Philly or even Chicago) and make a big splash in free agency, maybe someone like Peppers if he actually hits the market

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Come on Pioli! Spend some money!

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Rams currently have around 14 million.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
              He also says the Niners cap space is about $12 million, not $26 million. Maybe Askthecommish.com is considering the imminent re-structuring of Alex Smith and releasing of Jonas Jennings in the Niners case?
              Fixed it for you.

Comment

That site is off over 7 million for what the Packers anticipated cap room will be.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Patriots number looks right, pending Cassel's franchise tag. Were they to actually sign him to the 14+ million the tag warrants they would only have 7 million in cap room.

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  Agreed. Too bad the Zona ownership is considered the cheapest in the league. 2nd place might be enough to boost jersey sales just enough for the FO to slide back into the 'too cheap to do it right' ways they've become notorious for.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Cap space is kind of lame at this point. There are so many ways to maneuver around the cap that it's rendered the cap kind of useless. Hell, the Niners received $7M extra on the '09 cap because Donald Strickland didn't block 15 punts. That is lame.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                      That is lame.
                      What? That is awesome.

We'll have 20-30 million, with luck we'll cut Jennings and Roman.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Cool. $25 million in cap space. The Eagles MIGHT use half of that. Always gotta save $15 million for a rainy day.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          What? That is awesome.

We'll have 20-30 million, with luck we'll cut Jennings and Roman.
                          I meant lame as in it's lame that something so silly like that can be done. It makes the salary cap worthless.

But yes, I love that it was my team raping the cap. That rocks.
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

The Bills have 27 Mil of cap room, therefore, they will spend 1 mill.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                              I meant lame as in it's lame that something so silly like that can be done. It makes the salary cap worthless.

But yes, I love that it was my team raping the cap. That rocks.
                              Ah, well, I can agree with that. I don't expect the rules to change any time soon though. Those sorts of glitches in the way it's structured allow for teams to really get out of cap hell.

If they restructure Alex's contract he wont count as $12.3M against the cap. Jonas Jennings will be $6.6M against the cap but if they cut him, it's only $3.5M. Michael Lewis is $5.0M and $3.0M if he is cut but I think he stays. Isaac Bruce is $2.0M against and $500K is he is cut. I dont know if he is staying but he probably will. Mark "I steal money and call myself a safety" Roman is $1.4M against the cap and $500K if he is cut. I hope that he is cut and they just hand to the job to Goldson. I'd rather Goldson be out there and make plays to off-set his mistakes than Roman who is just out there making mistakes.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information