Brett Favre to retire...Again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-L View Post
    Did anyone watch ESPN this morning? It was UNBEARABLE!!! I think they talked about this for at least two hours straight, stopping only for commercial.
    and somewhere A-Rod rejoices at Favre's retirement

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
      Did anyone watch ESPN this morning? It was UNBEARABLE!!! I think they talked about this for at least two hours straight, stopping only for commercial.
      I had it on right as it was announced before I left for classes, so dealing with that was awesome, especially when they decided to let Dick Vitale talk about Favre.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
        Oh great, here comes another week of ESPN garbage.
        Suck it up. Its one more week for another 5 years when he gets put into the hall.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Oh man! This is such exciting news!

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            And Favre is an annoying narcissist, so that removes him from good guy status.
            This about sums it up for me.

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
            Suck it up. Its one more week for another 5 years when he gets put into the hall.
            I'm sure BSPN will still find a way to sneak the guy in there in some lame topic. I can see it already. "Zomgz, Brett Favre in a celebrity charity golf tournament!"

I bet they're splooging in their pants right now at the possibility of throwing enough money at him to get him to go to Bristol for NFL Live or something.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              Don't put Favre and Jordan in the same sentence please. Jordan retired from the Bulls, took a job with the Wizards, wanted to play again and he did. He never held the Bulls hostage or any of that crap.

Now I was sad to see him in another uniform out there but I guarantee you there are no sour grapes from Bulls fans like there are for Favre. I have 3 Packer fan buddies, die hards. One of them still loves Favre, the other two hate him. The circumstances are a little different, plus the fact that MJ was retired for 3 years before he came back. Favre never "officially" retired from the NFL.
              Now I don't really like defending Favre on this situation, but I think it needs to be done. He did the right thing but went about it in the wrong manner. Thompson completely blocked Favre out, he refused to trade him, and refused to let him be the starter, hence the 'tryouts.' He was basically being forced out the door by the team he carried on his shoulders for the last 15 years.

Now, I'm not saying Favre was right here, but you can see where some of the malice comes from. And honestly, Lions fans hating on Favre? Really?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
                Now I don't really like defending Favre on this situation, but I think it needs to be done. He did the right thing but went about it in the wrong manner. Thompson completely blocked Favre out, he refused to trade him, and refused to let him be the starter, hence the 'tryouts.' He was basically being forced out the door by the team he carried on his shoulders for the last 15 years.

Now, I'm not saying Favre was right here, but you can see where some of the malice comes from. And honestly, Lions fans hating on Favre? Really?
                He is a bears fan, what do you expect? He has hated Favre since 1992. What would make him change now?
                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Even if the situations were comparable, Brett Favre and Michael Jordan aren't comparable.

Brett Favre is just as much to blame for the media circus as the media is. He loves that ****.
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                    Even if the situations were comparable, Brett Favre and Michael Jordan aren't comparable.

Brett Favre is just as much to blame for the media circus as the media is. He loves that ****.
                    How often was he in the media before the last few years? His painkiller addiction. You never heard from him. The media is much more to blame. I've met Favre twice, once was when my grandpa golfed with him(I ended up spending the entire round 3+ hours with him), and then again the next year. He was an incredibly nice guy, the media has focused so much on him that people have just gotten sick of it.
                    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
                      Oh I don't know, the subpar play, the constant I'm done, I'm not done routine. Playing for the Jets, the madden cover.
                      Subpar play at the end of a 17 year career tarnished his off field image? No.
                      Undecided on retirement for two year tarnished his off field image? No.
                      Playing for the Jets? Wait, are you serious? No. Read both of my posts and understand the situation. How did playing for another team tarnish his image?
                      The madden cover tarnished his image? Now you lose all credibility. Ray Lewis must have lost his too cause he was on the cover, as well as the other like 8 athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        Subpar play at the end of a 17 year career tarnished his off field image? No.
                        Undecided on retirement for two year tarnished his off field image? No.
                        Playing for the Jets? Wait, are you serious? No. Read both of my posts and understand the situation. How did playing for another team tarnish his image?
                        The madden cover tarnished his image? Now you lose all credibility. Ray Lewis must have lost his too cause he was on the cover, as well as the other like 8 athletes.
                        well vince young kinda did ;)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                        - Corner or Wideout in the first
                        - No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                          well vince young kinda did ;)
                          And Shawn Alexander... and Michael Vick... lol.
                          Breed's QB Philosophy:
                          Originally posted by Breed
                          At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
                            And Shawn Alexander... and Michael Vick... lol.
                            Shawn FTL. It's Shaun.

Way to avoid the questions completely.
                            What did he do to tarnish his image? You don't have an answer because he did nothing that hasn't been done before by other greats of the game. Did they tarnish their images? Seemingly not. But Favre goes from god to underappreciated in two years. Why? The media. Unless you can tell me how Favre has tarnished his reputation by himself, meaning you would have to actually know the situation and not get tired of seeing him on TV, you're wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post

It goes both ways.

Green bay had a team go to the NFCCG and as soon as the offseason comes up they just constantly had to go into the offseason wondering if he's going to be around.

2 years of "I might, I might not". For the teams sake they shouldn't have to deal with that every offseason if you want to keep the team going.

Atleast in my estimation. Favre played solid but not himself this season.. What was the big deal in having to compete for his job? Rodgers had been in the wings and Favre was going over the hill.

Thompson only pushed him out because Favre kept him hanging every offseason, handcuffing them and not letting them know what he was doing. No consideration for the team on his behalf in my eyes.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I'm not trying to start any kinds of arguments here but:

Who the **** really cares if Brett Farve retires? His career is turning into a damn circus and it's getting really old. It was old last year, now it's just annoying.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information