Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta thinks it can get a trade for the rights to Vick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta thinks it can get a trade for the rights to Vick?

The falcons have announced that they are going to try and trade the rights to imprisoned below average quarterback Michael Vick. Who do they think is stupid enough to give up a draft pick or a player for a quarterback that will be a PR nightmare and has proven to be a weak player despite great athletic ability. Especially considering Atlanta has no choice but to cut him for the team and the media.

I would't take Vick's current contract off the falcons hands if you offered it too me for nothing, how can a trade be possible?

If it wasn't for the contract, someone would trade for him for a second day pick to ensure they nab him. Contract is just too big for the liability that is Michael Vick.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

People under rate Vick just 'cause hes an ass hole. Sure hes not the best, but its not like he was the piece of **** quarterback some people make him out to be. Personality wise, sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
        People under rate Vick just 'cause he was a piece of **** quarterback
        fixed it for you
        oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

I would not want him anywhere near my team. Anyways, are there any reports saying if he is in shape or anything?

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

Any team that involves themself in this is going to have a PR problem. My only guess would be the Cowboys, I know how typical, but even I feel that's a very very longshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
              People under rate Vick just 'cause hes an ass hole. Sure hes not the best, but its not like he was the piece of **** quarterback some people make him out to be. Personality wise, sure...
              He was never accurate, he never made plays in the red zone passing, and he never made his teammates better.

Just look how much better the falcon wide recievers got with a rookie quarterback with some accuracy.

Comment

Arthur Blank, Thomas Dimitroff and the rest of the Falcon's organization are not dumb. They are just 'playin the game' in case of the 1% chance someone does want to trade for him. There also may be other less obvious reasons, such as trying to make Vick fans in Atlanta happy. The 10 that are left might be upset if the Falcons just released him outright before trying to trade him.

Comment

would the team trading for Vick have to pay him the money he had to pay back to the Falcons if the Falcons do trade him?

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                    would the team trading for Vick have to pay him the money he had to pay back to the Falcons if the Falcons do trade him?
                    Not exactly, but they would have to finish out his contract, which is still pretty big.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

If he would redo his deal, Id want Oakland to trade a 7th rounder for him

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

There is no harm in trying. An offer could have been made had it not been for his contract though. Damnit.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Vick is among the top 20 quarterbacks in the league in my opinion. TD-INT ratio is nice, supremely athletic, by far the best scrambler ever, cannon arm. Low completion percentage but played in offenses that weren't built to take advantage of his strengths and with bad wide receivers throughout.

Comment

With the wildcat in vogue if you can sign him to the vet minimum he'd be a weapon.

Is it possible to trade for him and then sign him to a new 1 yr probationary deal or would he need to be released and then re-signed negating the need for a trade anyway.

Comment

I'd trade a 7th for him if he takes a vet min.
                              He's served the time for his crime, he should be given a fair shot at return.
                              Breed's QB Philosophy:
                              Originally posted by Breed
                              At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information