Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta thinks it can get a trade for the rights to Vick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    its way to early for Atlanta to even be mentioning trading Vick.
    Vick still has a lot to prove before he can even think about playing in the NFL again. No team is going to want him right now because every team has plans for QBs. Unless someone gets hurt, or retires.
    But just imagine if Vick signs with Carolina once Delhomme retires.
    Vick, DeAngelo, Stewart, AND STEVE SMITH. shitwouldbedope

    Go Celtics
    Go Irish
    Go Ravens

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by lordquas View Post
      its way to early for Atlanta to even be mentioning trading Vick.
      Vick still has a lot to prove before he can even think about playing in the NFL again. No team is going to want him right now because every team has plans for QBs. Unless someone gets hurt, or retires.
      But just imagine if Vick signs with Carolina once Delhomme retires.
      Vick, DeAngelo, Stewart, AND STEVE SMITH. shitwouldbedope
      shitwouldbedayiquit being a panthers fan

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
        There is no harm in trying.
        That's what I'm saying. Sure, very slim anyone bites but if they don't, oh well.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
          Vick is among the top 20 quarterbacks in the league in my opinion. TD-INT ratio is nice, supremely athletic, by far the best scrambler ever, cannon arm. Low completion percentage but played in offenses that weren't built to take advantage of his strengths and with bad wide receivers throughout.
          Vick hasn't played football in, what? Two seasons and you think he's top 20?

          What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

          2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            Vick hasn't played football in, what? Two seasons and you think he's top 20?
            Vick was just THAT good.

            "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
              Vick is among the top 20 quarterbacks in the league in my opinion. TD-INT ratio is nice, supremely athletic, by far the best scrambler ever, cannon arm. Low completion percentage but played in offenses that weren't built to take advantage of his strengths and with bad wide receivers throughout.
              My thoughts exactly. If you put him on a team that has a nice run game with maybe a WR that can catch the ball when throw his way he can be a good QB.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                Vick hasn't played football in, what? Two seasons and you think he's top 20?
                I think I can name 10-12 teams vick could start on. Lets start with the NFC North Lions, Vikings, Bears. Now for the rest of the NFL. 9ers, Chiefs, Bills, Titans(due to Collins age), Jets, Browns. So I guess I can only name 9. Those are the teams I wouldn't even hesitate to take Vick for. There are a few more than I would allow him to compete for the spot.
                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                Hunter S. Thompson

                Comment


                • #38
                  He needs to go to the CFL or something for maybe a year or two, show he can still play a little, and some-what clear his name.

                  ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I heard John Clayton say the Rams last night. IDK why he said, or maybe it makes sense. He has to go somewhere where the fans don't give a ****. St. Louis abliges that.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                      Vick was just THAT good.
                      No, he sure wasn't. He wasn't even close to THAT good.

                      Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                      I think I can name 10-12 teams vick could start on. Lets start with the NFC North Lions, Vikings, Bears. Now for the rest of the NFL. 9ers, Chiefs, Bills, Titans(due to Collins age), Jets, Browns. So I guess I can only name 9. Those are the teams I wouldn't even hesitate to take Vick for. There are a few more than I would allow him to compete for the spot.
                      Vick (not to mention a vick who hasn't played in the NFL for two seasons and is coming out of JAIL) wouldn't start for an NFL team, unless some team got really really desperate.
                      Last edited by TitleTown088; 02-15-2009, 01:45 AM.

                      What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

                      2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                        No, he sure wasn't. He wasn't even close to THAT good.

                        I was just kidding.

                        "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                          I think I can name 10-12 teams vick could start on. Lets start with the NFC North Lions, Vikings, Bears. Now for the rest of the NFL. 9ers, Chiefs, Bills, Titans(due to Collins age), Jets, Browns. So I guess I can only name 9. Those are the teams I wouldn't even hesitate to take Vick for. There are a few more than I would allow him to compete for the spot.
                          (looks at vikings sig) NO THANKS!!!!!
                          oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by gramage View Post
                            Here's the contract that you would inherit in a trade:

                            http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...rner021309.htm
                            "Vick is serving time in a federal prison on felony charges related to dogfighting, but he is scheduled to be released in July. He is currently under contract to the Falcons through 2013, with the remaining five years of the deal worth $45.11 million, with another $3 million in possible Pro Bowl incentives. His 2009 base salary is $9 million, with another $6.43 million in bonuses."
                            His cap numbers mean more to Atlanta than the team that trades for him. Whoever trades for his rights is going to give him a short deal with a minimum salary a la Pacman Jones. The problem lies with Atlanta and absorbing all that dead bonus money.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              No, he sure wasn't. He wasn't even close to THAT good.



                              Vick (not to mention a vick who hasn't played in the NFL for two seasons and is coming out of JAIL) wouldn't start for an NFL team, unless some team got really really desperate.
                              I meant in terms of football only, disregarding his baggage. I'm not expecting him to end up back in football.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                                shitwouldbedayiquit being a panthers fan
                                ... yeah right. You'd cry for a few days and put your "I <3 DeAngelo" shirt back on and you know it.

                                Sig by Fenikz

                                I remember NFLDC
                                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information