Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta thinks it can get a trade for the rights to Vick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I abhor Mike Vick ( even before the doggy dilemma), and don't think he ever was or ever will be a great NFL QB. but I can't help but imagine him in a Wildcat offense.

    What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

    2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Halsey View Post
      It's only a dumb argument if you're a Vick apologist. Anyone who watched Vick with an objective eye could see his poor passing skills limited the offense. If it wasn't for Crumpler, his completion% would have been more like 40%. Young WR's do not cause passes to be overthrown, underthrown, thrown behind of crossing routes, etc.
      No it's a dumb argument because

      A)Only one WR in Vick's entire career got better when he left, Roddy White.

      B)It was the same WR who coming into the league pretty much every draft analysis said was it was going to take him a while to develop.

      C)It was the same WR who did not even become a full-time starter until 2007 the year after Vick left. (White started 8 games in 2005 his rookie year and 5 in 2006, 2007 was first year he went into the year as a starter)

      D)Same Wr who blossomed under the same WR coach who helped turn around the career of TJ Houshmanzedah.

      This was nothing unexpected. Even Chad Johnson before the season said that Hue Jackson was going to mold the ATL receivers and that Vick would be a happy man, of course this is before the turmoil caught up to him.


      There is no Vick apologist in these facts. The only objectivity is on those who reject these facts. Vick didn't hold receivers back. He didn't hold Crumpler back from being a Pro Bowl TE and being near the top of the league in terms of yardage, YPR, and TDs among TEs in the league.

      And he didn't hold his receivers back. Roddy White the one guy who blossomed who Vick detractors try to use to tear down Vick, when there was a laundry list of reason that were even stated BEFORE he blossomed why it would be delayed.
      Last edited by BBIB; 02-16-2009, 01:58 PM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        Vick hasn't played football in, what? Two seasons and you think he's top 20?
        Chris Redman
        Played in 2003 (Missed 2004, 2005, and 2006 season)

        3 years in between starts

        Before 2007:
        7 TDs
        5 INTs

        After return (30 years old in 2007)
        10 TDs
        5 INTs


        Tommy Maddox
        Played in 1995. (Missed 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000 season)

        5 years in between starts

        Before 2001:
        6 TDs
        14 INTs

        0-4 record as starter

        After return: (30 years old in 2001)
        42 TDs
        42 INTs

        15-16-1 record as starter


        Todd Collins
        Played in 1997 (Missed 1998, 1999, 2000)

        3 years in between years in the league (9 years in between starts)

        Before 2001:
        16 TDs
        19 INTs

        7-10 record as starter

        After return (30 years old in 2001)
        6 TDs
        0 INts

        3-0 record as starter

        -


        An example of several players who missed as much time to more than Vick in between being in the league, and all of these guys just so happened to put up BETTER numbers when they returned.

        Vick would be younger in his return than all of these guys and he was far more talented than all of these guys before he departed.

        Vick is only 6 months older than Eli Manning. He's only 2 years older than Big Ben.

        Im not buying the age or the time away from the game argument because neither are truly valid if Vick is in shape.
        Last edited by BBIB; 02-16-2009, 02:00 PM.

        Comment


        • #49
          Unless he takes a GIANT paycut there is no way anyone is going to trade for him. I think if he really wants to come back though he will take a pay cut.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
            Unless he takes a GIANT paycut there is no way anyone is going to trade for him. I think if he really wants to come back though he will take a pay cut.
            Im not sure they can cut guaranteed money. Falcons will have to cut him

            Then he will have to sign for a team near the league minimum with incentives

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by BBIB View Post
              Im not sure they can cut guaranteed money. Falcons will have to cut him

              Then he will have to sign for a team near the league minimum with incentives
              I just remembered that he also has the option of waiving his signing bonus money in exchange for his release a la Lavar Arrington. That might be what ultimately works out the best for both parties involved.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                I just remembered that he also has the option of waiving his signing bonus money in exchange for his release a la Lavar Arrington. That might be what ultimately works out the best for both parties involved.
                If he has that option that's definitely the way to go.

                Supposedly the 49ers have stated they have not ruled out Vick.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by BBIB View Post

                  An example of several players who missed as much time to more than Vick in between being in the league, and all of these guys just so happened to put up BETTER numbers when they returned.

                  Vick would be younger in his return than all of these guys and he was far more talented than all of these guys before he departed.

                  Vick is only 6 months older than Eli Manning. He's only 2 years older than Big Ben.

                  Im not buying the age or the time away from the game argument because neither are truly valid if Vick is in shape.
                  First of all, Redman had shoulder surgery, then returned to football by 2005, shuffling around rosters. Collins never left football, and Maddox had 2 full seasons to get back into football shape.

                  Also, all I've learned from this post is that ****** QBs can continue to be awful.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                    First of all, Redman had shoulder surgery, then returned to football by 2005, shuffling around rosters. Collins never left football, and Maddox had 2 full seasons to get back into football shape.

                    Also, all I've learned from this post is that ****** QBs can continue to be awful.
                    Chris Redman did not play football in 2005 or 2006. He was signed and quickly waived twice in 2005.

                    And he put up 10 TDs to 5 INTs in 2007. That's not even close to awful. What was awful was the Falcons rushing attack and defense which is why they didn't win that year.
                    Last edited by BBIB; 02-21-2009, 03:31 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X

                    Debug Information