Why can't Jeff Garcia find a home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't Jeff Garcia find a home?

He is not a great QB but has been solid at times why he is alway looking for a new home?
    Last edited by Splat; 02-17-2009, 09:26 AM.

honestly i would like him to stay in tampa, i think he's been great for us, but there's not way that that relationship can be salvaged

bonekrusher on the sig magic
    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

I think it's because while he can protect the ball and play efficient football, he's not really a franchise guy in terms of going out and winning your team games. He's more someone who won't lose you one. I think he is a starting quarterback but he has also had some clashes with Tampa Bay, etc. that might make it hard for him to get another job.

Comment

Because he's not very good.

Comment

His home should have been with the 49ers, but Terry Donahue and the terrible cap situation basically destroyed that dream back in 2003.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
            Because he's not very good.
            25,537 yards 161 TD's

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
              25,537 yards 161 TD's
              No wayz....

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                25,537 yards 161 TD's
                How many other WCO offense teams are there? He went from Philly to TB and was a 49er. I guess Seattle would be an option as a backup, since Matt H. is there. But other than that, I am not sure how many WCO offense teams there are.

Everytime I look at your avatar pic, I keep seeing Tony Soprano! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                  No wayz....
                  Yes wayz....

Comment

Too bad he is worthless in the 4th quarter and the red zone, never throws the ball downfield even when AB and Clayton are wide open (due to both bad judgment and lack of arm strength), scrambles into sacks, abandons the pocket for no reason too early, and has a horrible ego
                    Last edited by Cicero; 02-17-2009, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Because he's old and he doesn't win you games. Your team won't get any better under Garcia. It just won't get any worse. That's valuable sometimes, but ideally you want a guy who actually does something and can grow with your team. Garcia is what he is and he might not be that for very much longer.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

He succeeds everywhere he goes, but he's too old now. In order to start he'll have to find a good team looking for a short term stop-gap at QB (good luck, good teams usually aren't looking for QBs).

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Because he's no good anymore.

/thread.

Comment

strangely similar to doug flutie....
                            Packers 2008 record prediction: 9-7 w/o Favre, 11-5 with Favre

Comment

Not too many places these days for Ginger ( nonday-walker might I add) metrosexuals. I think his best bet was SF.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information