No announcement yet.

Porter interested in SF or SD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter is overrated IMO, he is going to be on the downside of his career and the best years are behind him. Plus, from what I hear some Steeler fans say, they are kinda glad to see him go, his holdout issues and how he was a liability in coverage.

Comment

The 49ers have the makings of a good defence. Porter would be a great fit and would be a good combo with Manny Lawson. He also provides that pass rushing pressence they were lacking last year.

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
        Porter is overrated IMO, he is going to be on the downside of his career and the best years are behind him. Plus, from what I hear some Steeler fans say, they are kinda glad to see him go, his holdout issues and how he was a liability in coverage.
        Yes, the guy is ridiclously overrated. Even during the super bowl season, he wasn't as good as everyone made him out to be. He's a decent short-term fix for a team that needs a 3-4 OLB.

Comment

He will never be a Charger we just resigned Shaun Phillips. I like him to San Fran though.

Comment

Porter needs to come to 49ers because we're ready to take what's rightfully ours and that's the NFC West.

Comment

hes also been gettin injured lately with his knees and hamstrings. thats wats slowin him down. he was a force when he didnt have to fight injuries

Comment

San Fran seems like the best fit as of now. He is a bit overrated, but you have to at least be pretty good to be overrated. I'd say he is a solid player who would help their defense, but is by no means a superstar.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by ChiFan24 View Post
                  Yes, the guy is ridiclously overrated. Even during the super bowl season, he wasn't as good as everyone made him out to be. He's a decent short-term fix for a team that needs a 3-4 OLB.
                  I really just want to emphasize this part. Niner fans: please, please, please don't get sucked into the free agency trap.

With as much money as NFL teams have, there is a reason these guys are out on the market.

Comment

Double post. How do you delete posts on the new board?
                    Last edited by yourfavestoner; 03-04-2007, 12:37 PM.

Comment

He would do the best in San Francisco. Whoever made this thread should say whether it is Jerry or Joey Porter in the title.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        I really just want to emphasize this part. Niner fans: please, please, please don't get sucked into the free agency trap.

With as much money as NFL teams have, there is a reason these guys are out on the market.
                        I pretty much expext him for only 2 years. But we need a pass rusher bad.

Signing porter would allow us the opportunity to draft a young OLB in the midrounds to groom. The 49ers have about 4 picks in rounds 3-4, so we could do some moving up if a good OLB falls in R2 as well

Im also not expecting a whole lot. We still need a good draft as well.
                        Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 03-04-2007, 12:59 PM.

Comment

SD is should be out of the equation right now.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
                          RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

What about the Jets? :(

Comment

SF would be a good short term fit as they seem to have no problem overpaying for overrated players this offseason. The best thing that could come out of this situation is that he would be able to teach Lawson a thing or two about getting to the QB.

Comment

Update: 03.04.07 — The North County Times (San Diego) is reporting that according to sources who spoke with Porter on Friday. The Bakersfield native expects to visit with San Francisco in coming days.
                                Every FA that has visited so far has been signed so if he leaves SF w/o contract...we're probably not going to sign him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information