Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
    The FA market is getting thin.
    Agreed. This is some bull ****. A lot of the fun that the onset of free agency brings every year is dwindling down.

Like people were suggesting earlier, this whole franchise tag thing needs to go. If you want to keep a certain player that badly, throw a big money, long term deal his way or be prepared to let him walk.

Comment

Per ESPN Nnamdi Asomugha just got a 3 year deal done with the Raiders.

Comment

See, I like that much better than just tagging him again. A rare respectable/smart move by the Raiders.

Comment

Three year? That's curiously stupid by the raiders if you ask me. Why not lock him up? His price is only going escalate even more to after that three year contract is up. Scrabble is worth the cash, I would have gone 5 providing he wanted to stay in Oakland that long.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            Three year? That's curiously stupid by the raiders if you ask me. Why not lock him up? His price is only going escalate even more to after that three year contract is up. Scrabble is worth the cash, I would have gone 5 providing he wanted to stay in Oakland that long.
            From what I read on it, the deal is basically going to pay him in the first two years what he would have earned being the team's franchise player those same years.

So really, it's like he's just being franchised for 3 straight years, without that title and with some security for at least those 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              From what I read on it, the deal is basically going to pay him in the first two years what he would have earned being the team's franchise player those same years.

So really, it's like he's just being franchised for 3 straight years, without that title and with some security for at least those 3 years.
              Yeah, but Asomugha gets screwed when he gets franchised. He gets paid the average of the top 5 corners in the league but he's the #1 corner, so it doesn't make sense for him financially.

Comment

I like the move he is going to be 28 even if they gave him a 6 or 7 year deal no way he plays out that deal he would either get cut or traded or have to rework his deal in 4 years any ways.

It might not be a great move for NA but it is a great move for the Raiders they keep there best player for the rest of his prime years.
                Last edited by Splat; 02-19-2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I like the move he is going to be 28 even if they gave him a 6 or 7 year deal no way he plays out that deal he would either get cut or traded or have to rework his deal in 4 years any ways.

It might not be a great move for NA but it is a great move for the Raiders they keep there best player for the rest of his prime years.
                  This isn't a running back. Corners can play well past 28 * Woodson plug*, they should have signed him for five.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    Agreed. This is some bull ****. A lot of the fun that the onset of free agency brings every year is dwindling down.

Like people were suggesting earlier, this whole franchise tag thing needs to go. If you want to keep a certain player that badly, throw a big money, long term deal his way or be prepared to let him walk.

Yup. I really can't stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      This isn't a running back. Corners can play well past 28 * Woodson plug*, they should have signed him for five.
                      Some CB's can sure but most start to having trouble keeping up with younger faster WR's and do you really want a guy in the middle of the biggest part of his deal when that happens?

Comment

Some CB's can sure but most start to having trouble kepping up with younger faster WR's and do you really want a guy in the middle of the biggest part of his deal when that happens?
                        Nnamdi Asomugha isn't "most" cornerbacks.

Comment

Some CB's can sure but most start to having trouble kepping up with younger faster WR's and do you really want a guy in the middle of the biggest part of his deal when that happens?
                          Isn't Scrabble a bump and run master? That's where speed doesn't matter.. AKA Al Harris.

they get smoked.

Comment

All I'm trying to say is if they gave him a 6 or 7 year deal no way what so ever he is still playing at the same level at the back end of that deal.

I'm not knocking the guy at all he is a GREAT player best CB in the game but its just football it happens to every one.

Comment

Hill was tagged by Seahawks.
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Starx tagged by Stillers
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information