No announcement yet.

Nnamdi Asomugha Signs With Raiders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work by his agent, really. He jobbed the Raiders for all he could (but hey, at least he earned it) and he's most likely gonna have the chance to pick up another 15 guaranteed after that contract is over. Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
      Aso is what? 28, 29? Probably will be his second last contract unless he goes the old man route and junks around from team-team picking up pay checks until he is 38 or something...
      Yeah, it will be interesting to see how long Asomugha's career lasts. He was mostly a safety in college and I could see a return to free safety once he starts losing some long speed, which could stretch his career out further than if he stayed at corner.

Comment

holy snap al davis did two good moves in a week!!!!!!!

Comment

The Raiders don’t divulge contract numbers, but the length coincides with reports by the NFL Network and CNN-SI. According to the reports, Asomugha stands to make between $28.5 million and $29 million over two years.

The third year would be at the Raiders option, so long as they pay him the franchise figure for NFL quarterbacks _ the highest salaried postion.

More to come later . . .
          Wow, 29 million over two years...and an option to pay the top 5 QB avg salary in the third yr? Only a 3 yr deal?? I love Aso and am happy he's staying but this is a little over the top. Sure, one of the WR's will be on lockdown, but what about everyone else? Plus, we NEVER move Aso around, even when it's clear that the other team is lining up secondary receivers with him to have a better matchup for their primary receiver. I hope that changes with the new D coordinator.
          Last edited by locseti; 02-19-2009, 02:29 PM.

Comment

with a signing chris johnson earlier and his performance last season we can say we wont be wasting another DB in atleast the first 2 rounds of the draft but then again he might want to pick up another saftey but i hope it wont be until 3round or later.

Comment

Wait.... Is Haynesworth going to expect more than what Aso got now?
              Peyton Manning Fanboy
              Originally posted by Complex
              They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

I like the 3 year deal. In 3 years he will probably be done as a CB and will become a FS. Teams wont be as interested in him then so if he plays FS good we can sign him again but not this kind of money. Pretty much Im just happy we get to keep our best player for 3 more years

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Great news. Its gonna be nice to have Asomugha and Johnson back for the next few years.
                  Taking a Knapp.

Comment

How much longer do you have Routt signed for?

You've also got 3 more years of Tyvon Branch and several more with Gibril. You might not even need to find anyone more than a marginal starter at FS because they should be able to look better than they really are with the rest of the talent around them.

Comment

i was just trying to make a big conspiracy theory where nnamdi would lead the raiders to believe he would sign the contract just to prevent them from tagging him and as soon as the deadline went by just diving in free agency and out of crazy al's grasp

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Has it ever occurred to any of you guys that he actually likes Oakland?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                          If he likes losing then more power to him I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                            How much longer do you have Routt signed for?

You've also got 3 more years of Tyvon Branch and several more with Gibril. You might not even need to find anyone more than a marginal starter at FS because they should be able to look better than they really are with the rest of the talent around them.
                            Just for this year.
                            Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                              If he likes losing then more power to him I suppose.
                              Says the bitter Chiefs fan......

Glad to see Asomugha back in black. He's been in the Bay area since college and its nice to have him for 2-3 more years. The scary thing is he would be even better if we had any semblence of a pass rush.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                                thats like asking if any of you guys had dutch at your high school as a second language. of course not

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information