Nnamdi Asomugha Signs With Raiders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shane_man View Post
    ... And Demarcus Ware. Has James Harrison signed his new deal yet? Yeah I'm betting he's sitting there rubbing his hands together.

The league is going to need an uncapped year just to cover all of this silly contracts.

Should the NFL install the NBA model for contract negotiations? At this point. The question really has to be asked.
    Every year, it's the same story. Every year we cry about salary regulations, rookie contracts and all that. Nothing ever changes.

It's funny though, the USA is falling apart financially and economically and at the same time the NFL just keeps spending more and more cash.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict
      Every year, it's the same story. Every year we cry about salary regulations, rookie contracts and all that. Nothing ever changes.

It's funny though, the USA is falling apart financially and economically and at the same time the NFL just keeps spending more and more cash.
      That's because Gene Upshaw had a hard on to extract as much money as possible from ownership as possible. I'm definately in favour of a graded paying scale... But getting the players to agree to it is another thing as it would probably mean the end of 15Mill a season contracts for at least 4-5 years.(at which point the NFL will be generating the cash to sustain such contracts)... I really do think that player wages are increasing faster then the salary cap is.

Comment

That's because Gene Upshaw had a hard on to extract as much money as possible from ownership as possible. I'm definately in favour of a graded paying scale... But getting the players to agree to it is another thing as it would probably mean the end of 15Mill a season contracts for at least 4-5 years.(at which point the NFL will be generating the cash to sustain such contracts)... I really do think that player wages are increasing faster then the salary cap is.
        they'll just raise the cap more. Either that or the NFL will self-destruct because of Gene Upshaw's hardon and greedy agents.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

... And Demarcus Ware.
          DeMarcus Ware (at the point where he signs his contract) was gonna be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL regardless, i can guarantee you that much.

All the execs bitching about the Raiders giving that much money to Asomugha, you know what? Tough _(expletive)_. What the Raiders do, is up to the Raiders, and that's it. If you don't wanna pay Albert Haynesworth 35 million guaranteed, then don't! If someone else is willing to do that for him, then congratulate him and wish him luck. I hate these jerk-offs that get upset that another guy got paid, just cause it might drive up the price on another guy they'd want. If enough teams said no to giving Haynesworth that much money, he would have no leverage and would be forced to drive down his asking price (See MLB off-season 09, Manny Ramirez).

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information