Nnamdi Asomugha Signs With Raiders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nnamdi Asomugha Signs With Raiders

The first person I thought would get franchised tagged would be him yet he has still not been tagged. Today is the last day so what are they waiting for?
    Last edited by The Legend; 02-19-2009, 03:16 AM.

Please let him go Raiders,and then please sign him Ravens!!!!
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
      Please let him go Raiders,and then please sign him Ravens!!!!
      As long as he doesn't sign in the NFC East, I'll be happy. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

i would kill to have a lock down corner like him on the ravens

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

All the buzz is that the Raiders are close to inking a long term deal with Asomugha in the next couple days. Last I heard they were working feverishly to get something done tonight.

If the negotiations falls through, they'll definitely tag him again, since Lechler has already been brought back.

Comment

I would have nothing against getting him to Miami. Maybe a little wishful thinking, but his contract would be ridiculously high. But I find it hard to imagine that the Raiders would release him so easily.

They will probably find out something.

Comment

They have like 20 Hours to tag him.

Comment

I imagine they're waiting to the last second because they're probably in the midst of negotiations for a new deal. Not that a tag would prevent that from continuing, but it acts as an initial deadline or sorts.

Or maybe the Raiders are still weighing their options. The last CB they tagged (Woodson) ended up signing the tender right away unexpectedly as a power play, stripping $10M off their cap room figure, when they really hadn't planned for that $10M to count yet.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                  I imagine they're waiting to the last second because they're probably in the midst of negotiations for a new deal. Not that a tag would prevent that from continuing, but it acts as an initial deadline or sorts.

Or maybe the Raiders are still weighing their options. The last CB they tagged (Woodson) ended up signing the tender right away unexpectedly as a power play, stripping $10M off their cap room figure, when they really hadn't planned for that $10M to count yet.
                  They tagged Aso twice now.

Comment

Sadly, he isn't going anywhere.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/019775.html

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                      As long as he doesn't sign in the NFC East, I'll be happy. =D
                      u mean NFC

Comment

I know nothing is official yet (that's part of the reason I added the link), but based on what's come out so far I think it's pretty safe to say that the Raiders aren't letting him walk.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

I would be shocked if he is not tagged if they can't get a deal done at the least a tag and trade but I don't even see that going down.

Comment

No one needs to bother saying they want him, he's the best corner in the NFL and we all want him haha.

Comment

I just hope he doesn't stay with the raiders...maybe he should to the broncos and make the best cb tandem.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information