No announcement yet.

All Decade Team(2000's)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter gets the nod on my list over Ware and Merriman because of doing it the whole decade. Merriman and Ware have only played 3 and 4 seasons respectively. If Ware has another season close to what he just had, he has a shot at getting on one of the teams. But in all likelyhood he will end up being one of the players who gets snubbed on these teams, because of not playing enough seasons in either decade.

And if you take Alexander off the list, who do you put on? The same argument would be made against Priest Holmes, because he ran behind an (arguably)even better O-Line, and was great for even less time. Portis could take his place, the knock on him though is he's never really put together a spectacular season. A good argument can be made against Edge as well... RB is a hard spot to select though for this period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      i have serious problems with shaun alexander and rodney harrison...IMO, John Lynch deserves to be on there over harrison, and Shaun Alexander is just plain awful in every sense of the word...I could average 4 YPC behind that left side.
      The primary factor in all decade teams is what the player accomplished during that time. Shaun Alexander had 100 TDs and 9,453 yards in the 2000's. He'll at least get second team.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        Daunte Hall should be first team over Hester.
        if only that person existed, than maybe.
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Bullock should be first team over Porter. He has been playing consistently great football for years.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
            if only that person existed, than maybe.
            Dante
            Daunte
            Donte
            Dunta

Take your pick.

Comment

Dante
              Daunte
              Donte
              Dunta

Take your pick.
              Its Devin.

Comment

I personally think Fred Taylor should be on here.

Comment

Not to be a homer, but Brian Moorman should probably be 2nd team punter

Priest Holmes or maybe Marshall Faulk probably deserve 2nd team RB over Alexander and James

Comment

Daunte Hall should be first team over Hester.
                    agreed. hester may have had the best statistical season out of the two, but he really has only had an great impact for the one season. with hall, it was a few seasons where he was the best. dont think that i am taking anything away from hester, i'd love to have him returning kicks for the vikes, but as of now(even though he has plenty of time to regain form), he isnt that scary returning the kicks. the bears screwed up when they tried to make him a #1 receiver. they should have left him alone, just returning kicks, making half a dozen highlight reels a year.
                    oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

I have Moorman as the second team punter now.

And while I'm a big Marshall Faulk fan, I don't think he belongs on this all-decade team. He only really had 3 seasons('00-'02) where he was great. Like I said before, he really gets shafted because of being split almost equally amongst the two decades, and facing very stiff competition with the 90's squad.

As for Fred Taylor, he had 6 good seasons this decade. The best of which being a 1400 yard 12 touchdown performance. Shaun Alexander on the other hand has had 5 good seasons this decade, the best of which being a 1880 yard 27 TD season. In Alexander's 5th best season he had 1175 yards and 16 TD's, which is almost, or just, as good as Taylor's best season. A similar argument can also be made for Edge over Taylor as well... It just isn't quite as statistically decisive.

Comment

Andre Johnson is > TO

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                          Andre Johnson is > TO
                          this is true as of now, but it also doesnt fit with the point of the thread. the point is the best of the decade, not who is better right now
                          Last edited by russie; 02-20-2009, 10:28 PM.
                          oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

Terrell Owens simply cannot be argued against being at least second team in this debate. He has had at least 1050 yards and 9TD's every season but one this decade. And in that season he didn't he played only 7 games.

Comment

A decade of gridiron glory.

QB: Joey Harrington
                              RB: Shawn Bryson
                              RB: Artose Pinner
                              WR: Charles Rogers
                              WR: Mike Williams
                              TE: Casey Fitzsimmons
                              LT: Jeff Backus
                              LG: Rick DeMulling
                              C: Dominic Raiola
                              RG: George Foster
                              RT: Stockar McDougle

DE: Kalimba Edwards
                              DT: Shaun Rogers
                              DT: Shaun Cody
                              DE: Corey Smith
                              OLB: Boss Bailey
                              MLB: Paris Lenon
                              OLB: Teddy Lehman
                              CB: Dre Bly
                              CB: Travis Fisher
                              S: Kennoy Kennedy
                              S: Kalvin Pearson
                              I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by JonasBlane View Post
                                Portis could take his place, the knock on him though is he's never really put together a spectacular season.
                                Clinton Portis had one of the best rookie runningback seasons in recent memory. Plus he dominated the season after that as well. In his first season he started only 12 games, while starting 13 the next. I'd probably put him on the list over Shaun Alexander. Especially since he's had success with two different ball clubs.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information