Over Paying Free Agency horrible this year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that the majority of people on this site just don't understand the salary cap.
    I think you could replace salary cap with most football terminology.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

Madden 08 is gonna suck big time if I have to pay this much for mediocre offensive linemen and backup TEs/Safeties. Especially because Madden is not like the NFL, and the contracts you give players are what they seem. There's no incentives or bonuses. Ugh!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
        I think you could replace salary cap with most football terminology.
        QFT + 932-8428 (character limit)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Just turn the salary cap off and have a hay day.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
            Madden 08 is gonna suck big time if I have to pay this much for mediocre offensive linemen and backup TEs/Safeties. Especially because Madden is not like the NFL, and the contracts you give players are what they seem. There's no incentives or bonuses. Ugh!
            The salary cap isn't hard on Madden at all, because it escalates much more quickly than it does in real life. In reality, the salary cap increases about 6% every year. In Madden, it's something like 10%. Plus, there's the fact that in Madden, players ask for ridiculously small signing bonuses.

Comment

thats free agency. teams spending waaayyyy too much money cause they think they need the top guy right now. ridiculous.

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

IMO what do you want a bad team that has huge holes to fill do? You cant just not participate in FA because they demand money. And you cant address everything in the draft, theres not enough high round picks for quality players.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  The salary cap isn't hard on Madden at all, because it escalates much more quickly than it does in real life. In reality, the salary cap increases about 6% every year. In Madden, it's something like 10%. Plus, there's the fact that in Madden, players ask for ridiculously small signing bonuses.
                  In Madden I just turn off injuries and sign the cheapest backups while all my starters are at least 96, so it's not really my problem, but it could be annoying.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                    IMO what do you want a bad team that has huge holes to fill do? You cant just not participate in FA because they demand money. And you cant address everything in the draft, theres not enough high round picks for quality players.
                    But building a winner takes time and smart, sound decisions that are both beneficial in a football and business sense.
                    Originally posted by Paul
                    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                      Lewis = 10 million gaurantted on a 6 year deal, when he wasnt even a starter.
                      The Eagles benched him to lower his value, oldest trick in the book.

Comment

yeah, players seem to be getting overpaid. But is anyone surprised?

What stands out to me is that Hutch, who was easily the best OG in the game, got a 49 mil contract last year which was unprecedented for a guard. The Hawks declined to match it it was so big. Now, they cant even bring in Steinbach, Dielman or Dockery for that price as Steinbach and Dielman got 49 mill deals elsewhere and Dielman got a 6 year deal with about the same average salary. The Hawks offered him about the same deal they declined to match with Hutch and he turned it down to stay in SD. And Dielman isnt close to being as good as Hutch.

Comment

They didn't match Hutchinson's contract because the poison pill clause in it.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                            The Eagles benched him to lower his value, oldest trick in the book.
                            They benched him because he was playing terrible.
                            Originally posted by Paul
                            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                              yeah, players seem to be getting overpaid. But is anyone surprised?

What stands out to me is that Hutch, who was easily the best OG in the game, got a 49 mil contract last year which was unprecedented for a guard. The Hawks declined to match it it was so big. Now, they cant even bring in Steinbach, Dielman or Dockery for that price as Steinbach and Dielman got 49 mill deals elsewhere and Dielman got a 6 year deal with about the same average salary. The Hawks offered him about the same deal they declined to match with Hutch and he turned it down to stay in SD. And Dielman isnt close to being as good as Hutch.
                              They didn't turn down Hutchs 49 mil contract because they thought it was too much but because they had to guarntee the whole contract if he wasn't the highest paid linemen on the team, which he wasn't. If it wasn't for that clause they would have signed it (don't know why they didn't just offer it to him in the first place).
                              "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
                                They didn't turn down Hutchs 49 mil contract because they thought it was too much but because they had to guarntee the whole contract if he wasn't the highest paid linemen on the team, which he wasn't. If it wasn't for that clause they would have signed it (don't know why they didn't just offer it to him in the first place).
                                I've never understood the point of the Transition Tag anyways. All you're doing is letting another team negotiate a contract for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information