Over Paying Free Agency horrible this year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    The salary cap isn't hard on Madden at all, because it escalates much more quickly than it does in real life. In reality, the salary cap increases about 6% every year. In Madden, it's something like 10%. Plus, there's the fact that in Madden, players ask for ridiculously small signing bonuses.
    Yeah, but in Madden, it's irritating that you can't carry over unused salary cap like you can in real life. I always find myself losing all my cap room because I just don't have anything else to do and I have too much money to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
      Yeah, but in Madden, it's irritating that you can't carry over unused salary cap like you can in real life. I always find myself losing all my cap room because I just don't have anything else to do and I have too much money to spend.
      You can't carry over unused salary cap in real life, either. The only way is to use a loophole with incentives, but I'm not 100% positive how it works. Vic did an explanation for it a long time ago; I'll try to find it.

Either way, it's Madden. Over the last few years, I've realized that it's way too ambitious to expect them to make the game, you know, realistic or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
        They benched him because he was playing terrible.
        QFT. Also because they loved Sean Considine and wanted to get him on the field as much as possible. He was pretty bad too, but they still love him for some reason.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          You can't carry over unused salary cap in real life, either. The only way is to use a loophole with incentives
          You give a so-so player who doesn't get much playing time (Usually Quinn Gray for us, but it was Kenny Pettaway last year) a number of "Likely to be earned" incentives that there is no expectation of them reaching.

Those incentives are automatically deducted from the salary cap, before they're reached. If they're not reached, the money that would have been given in incentives is moved up to the next year's salary cap.

You can't micromanage contracts in Madden like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
            The Eagles benched him to lower his value, oldest trick in the book.
            Actually, we benched him because he was getting beaten for big plays that were hurting our defense. Thats just a dumb thing to say.
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
              You give a so-so player who doesn't get much playing time (Usually Quinn Gray for us, but it was Kenny Pettaway last year) a number of "Likely to be earned" incentives that there is no expectation of them reaching.

Those incentives are automatically deducted from the salary cap, before they're reached. If they're not reached, the money that would have been given in incentives is moved up to the next year's salary cap.

You can't micromanage contracts in Madden like that.
              Lol. Yup, that's how you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                QFT. Also because they loved Sean Considine and wanted to get him on the field as much as possible. He was pretty bad too, but they still love him for some reason.
                Where did you get that Considine was pretty bad? He was solid, and certainly better than Lewis who was giving up TD's all over the place.

Comment

A playoff team with Super Bowl aspirations doesn't bench someone for an inferior player just to lower his value.

Comment

is it true that Nate clements got 23 million guaranteed?....becuase I thought that was the entire contract

Comment

This year and next might really seperate the correctly run teams from the teams who will be paying for a lot of these mistakes. I know we're still paying from making Robertson the highest paid DT in the NFL on his rookie contract.

Notice how the franchises that are consistantly good (Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, San Diego, Baltimore, etc.) aren't breaking the banks for average players. It's all about knowing when too much is too much.

It's a good point that the players will never see the 80 million they are receiving, but the guaranteed money is ridiculous. They will obviously see all of that along with their base salary from that 80 mill.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post

Notice how the franchises that are consistantly good (Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, San Diego, Baltimore, etc.) aren't breaking the banks for average players. It's all about knowing when too much is too much.
                        I said this in another post as well, but most of the teams who arent spending already have their holes filled, or dont have a lot of holes. While how good an organization is comes into it, just look at the teams that have made FA splashes- buffalo, cleveland, san francisco. They all have many many needs and need some proven players.

Comment

This is why I say Free Agency is for suckers. There are some moves so far that I like (AD to Patriots should be pretty sick) but for every one good move someone is giving 18 million guaranteed to a player that never did **** as a pro. If teams draft properly you can continually use that money to resign their own and lock them up earlier so you don't have to blow so much money. That's what the good teams do. The teams that are throwing this kind of money around are generally desperate for immediate help, and in many cases I'm using that term lightly.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Yeah... New England sure has been quiet. That must be why they're so consistently good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
                              This year and next might really seperate the correctly run teams from the teams who will be paying for a lot of these mistakes. I know we're still paying from making Robertson the highest paid DT in the NFL on his rookie contract.

It's a good point that the players will never see the 80 million they are receiving, but the guaranteed money is ridiculous. They will obviously see all of that along with their base salary from that 80 mill.
                              Since when have the Chargers been consistently good?

Comment

Once again....check out which teams are dishing out the big contracts right now. You will get my point.
                                Originally posted by Paul
                                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information