Over Paying Free Agency horrible this year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
    Once again....check out which teams are dishing out the big contracts right now. You will get my point.
    What about NE? They dished some big cash to adalius and welker.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
      What about NE? They dished some big cash to adalius and welker.

Other than them.....forgot to mention that.
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

-If you wanted to have the last word and then lock the thread you should have just told me and I would have said my last piece and then let it rest. Here is my last post regarding the Davis contract.

I made my points known and have yet to hear a rebuttle other than...

"Well other teams have overpayed for guards (coughBills&Brownscough), why can't we?"

"Well he is all happy and jolly now because friends and family live in the state that the Cowboys home stadium resides in."

"He was a pro bowler at one time back when there was a ton of hype surrounding him and his massive size."

"The Cardinals let go of product-of-the-system Simeon Rice who turned out to be good, so Davis will be good too."

--I will certainly give you that G is a need for you guys but back to my initial point, that is not a position that needs to be thrown all that money. And IMO, your biggest need is at FS because you don't have anyone there that is good and your SS can't cover. But that is another debate.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Agreed. D-Unit you're such a little ***** about everything. If that gets me banned so be it. The only reason you're an admin anyway is because you're a suck up to Scott.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Agreed. D-Unit you're such a little ***** about everything. If that gets me banned so be it. The only reason you're an admin anyway is because you're a suck up to Scott.

BF51.....I like you so don't go down that path, I'd rather you stay here because I have had some good discussions with you despite not seeing eye to eye sometimes.

D-Unit is fine with me too, just don't agree with that tactic he pulled. He was and still is one of my favorite mods here and we simply don't agree on something. We were arguing but it did not get out of hand and I don't see why it got locked, but by no means should anyone come down on him hard.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Lol, if you look at the entire picture, there are GUARDS getting $18 million guranteed, and therefore the $23 million guranteed for Nate Clements is actually a bargain. Considering that his deal actually boils down to something along the lines of a 6 year deal worth around $46 million, with the last two years simply so Nate can walk around and brag about getting $80 million to boost his ego.

Watch when D'Angelo Hall and Asante Samuel hit the market eventually and get 10 year deals for $100 million. It is bound to happen.

And the Michael Lewis signing for $10 million guranteed isn't too bad, considering that it's prorated over 6 years, and Nolan really loves Michael Lewis. He will return to Pro-Bowl form in our secondary, book it.

"I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."

Comment

I seriously doubt he will return to pro bowl form. I expect him to improve his coverage from last season, but then again it's pretty hard to get worse than how he was playing last year in coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                  -If you wanted to have the last word and then lock the thread you should have just told me and I would have said my last piece and then let it rest. Here is my last post regarding the Davis contract.

I made my points known and have yet to hear a rebuttle other than...

"Well other teams have overpayed for guards (coughBills&Brownscough), why can't we?"

"Well he is all happy and jolly now because friends and family live in the state that the Cowboys home stadium resides in."

"He was a pro bowler at one time back when there was a ton of hype surrounding him and his massive size."

"The Cardinals let go of product-of-the-system Simeon Rice who turned out to be good, so Davis will be good too."

--I will certainly give you that G is a need for you guys but back to my initial point, that is not a position that needs to be thrown all that money. And IMO, your biggest need is at FS because you don't have anyone there that is good and your SS can't cover. But that is another debate.
                  Guard wasn't our number one overall need. Just that I felt it was our number one need that we could address in FA based off the players available. FS and NT are bigger needs imo, but I don't think the players available make any of them the #1 FA target for us. After Steinbach and Dielman were taken off the shelf Davis became the #1. The rest of the options out there only become more and more iffy.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Oh come on.. You think that would get you banned? You're too much of an angel. I really couldn't care what you say... It's meaningless. I barely even know who you are. As for being a suck up to Scott? Yeah... whatever makes you feel like the tough guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      Since when have the Chargers been consistently good?
                      Since AJ Smith became GM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                        yeah, players seem to be getting overpaid. But is anyone surprised?

What stands out to me is that Hutch, who was easily the best OG in the game, got a 49 mil contract last year which was unprecedented for a guard. The Hawks declined to match it it was so big. Now, they cant even bring in Steinbach, Dielman or Dockery for that price as Steinbach and Dielman got 49 mill deals elsewhere and Dielman got a 6 year deal with about the same average salary. The Hawks offered him about the same deal they declined to match with Hutch and he turned it down to stay in SD. And Dielman isnt close to being as good as Hutch.
                        Not yet anyways. But he's only 26 and constantly improving. Barring a major injury, I can see him as one of the top guards in the NFL. Heck, the guy has only been an olinmen for two years. He was a former tight end turned defensive lineman turned olineman. The fact that he was able to step up his game so much is a testament to his hard work ethic and talent.
                        I mean before 2006, LT had problems running in the fourth quarter against good defenses. Now we were able to run on them even when they were expecting it. As long as the line continues to gel, you'll finally see what LT can do behind a good oline that has the potential to rival the lines of KC and Seattle in their prime.

Comment

I just realized that I'm really, really glad we re-signed Manuwai before free agency started.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            I just realized that I'm really, really glad we re-signed Manuwai before free agency started.
                            You should be. Manuwai is probably kicking himself in the head for that though.

On the other hand, if he learns to kick himself in the head, that should improve his agility a great deal.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

this is why i like Ted Thompson's approach to free agency. right now he's just sitting back and watching everyone overpay.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                                this is why i like Ted Thompson's approach to free agency. right now he's just sitting back and watching everyone overpay.
                                Except for that whole, giving Charles Woodson about 20 million more than anyone else was going to.

But yes, I like Thompson too.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information