Visanthe Shiancoe signed by Minnesota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    See? This was exactly what I was talking about in the Travis Henry thread.
    And I liked Shanko too, but damn, we just re-signed our starting center to almost an indentical contract, and at least our starting center was more of an impact than Shanko. A great contract for Shanko, but if your a Vikings fan, that contract sucks in terms for the overall organization. He does have potential though,and I wish him the best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
      Hooray for us!!! Rep points for the first person who can seriously tell me anything positive about him!!
      He went to Morgan St. which is about 5 ******s from my house!!! Rep points??
      HALL OF FAMER!
      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

The contract is very front weighted and which is the only reason I'm not angry about the size of the deal. Probably still spent to much on him, but in this market everyones being overpayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
          Damn you guys overpaid for him!!!
          People just don't get the salary cap, especially with the new inflation.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
            He went to Morgan St. which is about 5 ******s from my house!!! Rep points??
            Too late, ERU. Yourfavestoner already got them.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thats a lot of money for a 4th year player who had 12 catches this past year. Giants didn't even attempt to re-sign him. I'm just glad Shaun O'Hara didn't hit the open market. Shiancoe basically got the same contract he did. One started 16 games and one had 12 catches as a backup. I think he will be servicable but not great.

Comment

He's a solid second tight end, it's really weird how many ex-Giants go to the Vikings.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

Originally posted by moc182 View Post
                  He's a solid second tight end, it's really weird how many ex-Giants go to the Vikings.
                  I can't think of any more besides Whittle. I'm probably not thinking of someone.

Comment

I can't think of any more besides Whittle. I'm probably not thinking of someone.
                    Rosenthal.

Comment

Ouch must have been desperate for a TE coz he aint any good

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
                        Ouch must have been desperate for a TE coz he aint any good
                        Sorry, we can sign the best player at every position like you guys.

Comment

I actually like the Shiancoe signing. Yes, they overpaid. And I wouldn't fully trust him to be our starter. I hope the Vikes grab a TE early in the draft. It's too bad Olsen won't be there at 41.
                          "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                          4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Too late, ERU. Yourfavestoner already got them.
                            Then I wish you the worst of luck with Shiancoe!!!
                            HALL OF FAMER!
                            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I don't like the money, but I like the move for the Vikings. Shiancoe was never going to maximize his potential in New York behind Shockey. This sends him to a place where he could become the lead guy ... and frees up the Vikings to search for other areas (or be more aggressive in trying to move up for Calvin Johnson) in the draft. Shiancoe, as noted, has plus athleticism, and I believe the hands are capable. Childress should be able to maximize any ability there.

Comment

Argh, I desperately wanted the Giants to re-sign him. I would much rather see him starting over Shockey to be completely honest with you. He's an excellent blocker, and generally hasn't had a lot of games to prove himself, due to Shockey. That and he doesn't have a really big ego..
                                (shameless self-promotion)
                                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information