Clear All

• princefielder28
    started a topic Visanthe Shiancoe signed by Minnesota

Visanthe Shiancoe signed by Minnesota

Terms of the deal 5 years/ 18.5 mil

• BuckNaked
    replied
    Originally posted by Forenci View Post
    Argh, I desperately wanted the Giants to re-sign him. I would much rather see him starting over Shockey to be completely honest with you. He's an excellent blocker, and generally hasn't had a lot of games to prove himself, due to Shockey. That and he doesn't have a really big ego..
    I'll trade you Shiancoe for Shockey straight up right now. I'd have no problem with it.

Leave a comment:

• Forenci
    replied
    Argh, I desperately wanted the Giants to re-sign him. I would much rather see him starting over Shockey to be completely honest with you. He's an excellent blocker, and generally hasn't had a lot of games to prove himself, due to Shockey. That and he doesn't have a really big ego..

Leave a comment:

• toonsterwu
    replied
    I don't like the money, but I like the move for the Vikings. Shiancoe was never going to maximize his potential in New York behind Shockey. This sends him to a place where he could become the lead guy ... and frees up the Vikings to search for other areas (or be more aggressive in trying to move up for Calvin Johnson) in the draft. Shiancoe, as noted, has plus athleticism, and I believe the hands are capable. Childress should be able to maximize any ability there.

Leave a comment:

• EdReedUnstoppable
    replied
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    Too late, ERU. Yourfavestoner already got them.
    Then I wish you the worst of luck with Shiancoe!!!

Leave a comment:

• swagger
    replied
    I actually like the Shiancoe signing. Yes, they overpaid. And I wouldn't fully trust him to be our starter. I hope the Vikes grab a TE early in the draft. It's too bad Olsen won't be there at 41.

Leave a comment:

• Vikes99ej
    replied
    Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
    Ouch must have been desperate for a TE coz he aint any good
    Sorry, we can sign the best player at every position like you guys.

Leave a comment:

• ninerfan
    replied
    Ouch must have been desperate for a TE coz he aint any good

Leave a comment:

• Jughead10
    replied
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    I can't think of any more besides Whittle. I'm probably not thinking of someone.
    Rosenthal.

Leave a comment:

• Vikes99ej
    replied
    Originally posted by moc182 View Post
    He's a solid second tight end, it's really weird how many ex-Giants go to the Vikings.
    I can't think of any more besides Whittle. I'm probably not thinking of someone.

Leave a comment:

• moc182
    replied
    He's a solid second tight end, it's really weird how many ex-Giants go to the Vikings.

Leave a comment:

• Jughead10
    replied
    Thats a lot of money for a 4th year player who had 12 catches this past year. Giants didn't even attempt to re-sign him. I'm just glad Shaun O'Hara didn't hit the open market. Shiancoe basically got the same contract he did. One started 16 games and one had 12 catches as a backup. I think he will be servicable but not great.

Leave a comment:

• Vikes99ej
    replied
    Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
    He went to Morgan St. which is about 5 ******s from my house!!! Rep points??
    Too late, ERU. Yourfavestoner already got them.

Leave a comment:

• etk
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
    Damn you guys overpaid for him!!!
    People just don't get the salary cap, especially with the new inflation.

Leave a comment:

• MNRunLeft
    replied
    The contract is very front weighted and which is the only reason I'm not angry about the size of the deal. Probably still spent to much on him, but in this market everyones being overpayed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information