Texans near deal to send QB Rosenfels to Minnesota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
    they gonna cut Childress and hire Gruden!
    Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
    That's what i'd do signed Jon Gruden.
    Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    The Gruden approach, lol.
    All in the same minute, haha....oh Gruden...you'd better get back to the NFL soon or we'll lose one of our best running jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by gramage View Post
      A little suprising as Scaub has missed time each of the last two years, but still an decent move, it shows your commitment to your starting QB and should give you another talented guy to put on the field. Might also give them the confidence to take a flyer on a guy like Pat White if he's willing to play a slash/wildcat role to get his foot in the door.
      I don't think it shows commitment to Schaub as much as it shows the Texans getting amazing trade value for Rosenfels. The Texans will be looking for a potential replacement for Schaub in this draft. They have an option to make this Schaub's last year.

There's a $10m option at the end of this year for the remaining 3 years on his contract... I really think the Texans are going to be looking for a potential starter.
      ________
      California medical marijuana dispensaries
      Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        All in the same minute, haha....oh Gruden...you'd better get back to the NFL soon or we'll lose one of our best running jokes.
        I win, u fail

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
          I don't think it shows commitment to Schaub as much as it shows the Texans getting amazing trade value for Rosenfels. The Texans will be looking for a potential replacement for Schaub in this draft. They have an option to make this Schaub's last year.

There's a $10m option at the end of this year for the remaining 3 years on his contract... I really think the Texans are going to be looking for a potential starter.
          Then why didn't the Texans trade him last year when the Viks offered a 3rd? lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

So Alt fans who are the two players you guys drafted for the picks you got for Schaub I'm not sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
              If we do this, then we ******* better be planning to draft a QB in the first round.
              Who? Freeman...?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

So Alt fans who are the two players you guys drafted for the picks you got for Schaub I'm not sure?
                i think someone like Blalock and Houston

Comment

Essentially, half of Sam Baker (pick included in deal to Washington to get him), a small piece of Jamaal Anderson (moved up two spots and got him), and Justin Blalock (the 2nd rounder straight from Houston).
                  Last edited by Shane P. Hallam; 02-23-2009, 06:48 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

ATL moved up for Anderson?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      ATL moved up for Anderson?
                      Not FOR him, but the trade with Schaub moved them from 10 to 8 as well as getting 2 second rounders (one in 07, one in 08)

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                        Then why didn't the Texans trade him last year when the Viks offered a 3rd? lol.
                        Stupid move on the Texans' part. They could've had a potential starter out of the 2008 class. They probably kept Sage because they weren't sure of Schaub's health and thought Rosenfels might be their starter. They smartly gave up on that idea this off-season. Also, they probably weren't thinking of getting rid of Schaub last year, so they needed a viable back-up to keep them in the playoff hunt.

Sage is such a piece of trash though... He's just like Frerrotte and Kelly Holcomb. He's great when he's trying to prove himself in a backup role, but as soon as he's the man, he falls apart.

JD Booty is their best option (and actually a pretty good one to be quite honest) at QB. He'll make accurate throws and keep them in a position to win games. Might even make some plays while he's at it as he gets comfortable. Booty never got a chance to get comfortable at USC. He was backing up Leinart, and by the time he got done doing that, he had Mark Sanchez breathing down his neck...
                        ________
                        VAPOR GENIE VAPORIZER REVIEW
                        Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:53 AM.

Comment

wait so after one year when Schaub was prolly the best QB that franchise had ( yea i know) they wanted to get rid of him?

Do u actually have anything to back that up

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                            Why do they want another borderline starting QB? Do they think stockpilling QB's is the way to go?
                            Josh Freeman here they come.
                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              Who? Freeman...?
                              The way Sanchez allowed himself to get picked apart this week might open the door for him being available to Minnesota when they pick. If he were to be there, i'd be extremely surprised if they didn't take him.

Comment

What honestly is going through the mind of Spielman and Childress when they are making any decisions concerning the quarterback position?

What improvement would Sage Rosenfels bring?

He'll be an improvement, but at what extent? The name Gus Freotte comes to mind.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information