Texans near deal to send QB Rosenfels to Minnesota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texans near deal to send QB Rosenfels to Minnesota

The Texans and Minnesota are close to completing a trade that would send quarterback Sage Rosenfels to the Vikings, possibly for a fourth-round draft choice.

The Texans had no comment on the report.

This is the second year in a row in which the Vikings have been interested in acquiring Rosenfels as their starting quarterback. Rosenfels, who won six games in the last two seasons when replacing the injured Matt Schaub, is approaching the last year of his contract. If the trade is completed, the Vikings will want to extend Rosenfels' contract.

The Vikings have Tarvaris Jackson and Gus Frerotte on their roster. Jackson is a former second-round pick and Frerotte is a 14-year veteran.

Rosenfels, who grew up in Iowa and played at Iowa State, was hoping to be traded to the Vikings last year. Media reports said Minnesota offered a third-round draft choice, but the Texans wanted a second-round pick. Both teams denied an offer was made. The reason Rosenfels wants to be traded to the Vikings is that he would have a chance to start for a team that has Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor at running back and as has led the NFL in run defense for the last two years.

Source: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6276358.html

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Is that the best they can do? I'd rather roll the dice on Vick.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

LOL.

That's funny.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Not a surprise to me. I really like what I have seen from Sage in his limited time. If this happens is it really a smart move for Houston though?
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

I'd love to see Sage go Helicopter in a Vikings uniform.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Well this should put us over the top. lol
            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Terrible. Sign Garcia over this clown.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

The lasting image in my head of Sage will be the Colts game when he tried to turn into superman(literally) and failed miserably at being a QB for the entire 4th quarter lol.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

6tds 10 ints last year. I like this as a Lions fan. Actually it doesn't matter, all QBs torch us even Joey Harrington.

No actually Sage is decent QB nothing spectacular though, he'll be 31 this season so he's got a few years left. But for a 4th round pick why the heck not. They have 2 young guys forever developing in TJack and Booty and now a decent QB in Sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                    6tds 10 ints last year. I like this as a Lions fan. Actually it doesn't matter, all QBs torch us even Joey Harrington.

No actually Sage is decent QB nothing spectacular though, he'll be 31 this season so he's got a few years left. But for a 4th round pick why the heck not. They have 2 young guys forever developing in TJack and Booty and now a decent QB in Sage.
                    It will take TJack forever to develop.

Comment

Cant say Ill miss him.

Comment

Good move by the Texans I think. They could draft someone just as good as Sage with that 4th rd pick.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Solid movie. I can definitely see the Texans nab a QB somewhere in the draft now, a project guy like Nate Davis.

Comment

They could get so much better than Sage Rosenfels, I really have no idea what to say...

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                              Solid movie. I can definitely see the Texans nab a QB somewhere in the draft now, a project guy like Nate Davis.
                              Or Chase Holbrook. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information