Ahman Green to the Texans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    this doesnt make sense to me. take mario williams over reggie bush then sign ahman green the next year.
    I think it's been pretty well-established, because of the amount of dancing he does and how he swings to the outside, Bush would've been a poor fit in the ZBS for Houston. Granted, receiving wise he would've made his impact but I'm not sure that would've made up for it with Daniels and Moulds also there.
    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      this doesnt make sense to me. take mario williams over reggie bush then sign ahman green the next year.
      Oh god man, please dont turn another Texans thread into this conversation.

Comment

did williams last name used to be davis? i remember their injured rb being dominick davis

Comment

Yes it did but he changed it to his mothers maiden name I believe. I'm not positive as to what the reason is but I think that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
            Young, lol.
            What are you laughing about? You know he is not referring to Green, but a young running back to come into Green Bay.

Comment

What happens to Domanick Davis now?
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                Yes it did but he changed it to his mothers maiden name I believe. I'm not positive as to what the reason is but I think that was it.
                Alot of guys have been changing last names. (Jones-Drew)
                Peterson is still a likely pick at #8, Dayne and Green are older now and not as effective (though Dayne never really was)
                Gado is just saving money for med school.
                Lundy may not become a good back.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

This really doesn't change anything, if AD is there at 8 they are going to take him. They just gave a 30 year old back a 4 year contract but I highly doubt he ever sees the last 2 years of the contract.

This is just insurance incase Dominick can't bounce back or AD isn't there. They only gave him 6.5 in Bonuses so its not exactly like were tied to him.
                  Last edited by energizerbunny; 03-04-2007, 07:41 PM.

Comment

AD will go well before #8 so it won't matter. I think they go Brady Quinn myself.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by energizerbunny View Post
                      This really doesn't change anything, if AD is there at 8 they are going to take him. They just gave a 30 year old back a 4 year contract but I highly doubt he ever sees the last 2 years of the contract.

This is just insurance incase Dominick can't bounce back or AD isn't there. They only gave him 6.5 in Bonuses so its just exactly like were tied to him.
                      Pretty good points, although what about Wali Lundy and Ron Dayne? You guys say that Gado is gone, but AD, Ahman, Lundy and Dayne would be a very deep backfield. Most teams don't carry 4 RB's on their roster. According to RotoWorld, they are trying to re-sign Dayne.

The Texans are still trying to re-sign Ron Dayne, despite the acquisition of Ahman Green.
                      Since they won't face much competition, Dayne will probably return. His potential for carries is way down now, however. We're surprised Houston doesn't aim higher by trying to develop a draft pick instead of stockpiling veterans on the decline.
                      http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...ort=NFL&id=983

I don't think they will take AD...they have too many needs elsewhere now.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        Holy smokes, Green's agent should get a medal.
                        No kidding. I cannot fault Ted Thompson for this at all. I would never give Green that kind of money anymore.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                          Pretty good points, although what about Wali Lundy and Ron Dayne? You guys say that Gado is gone, but AD, Ahman, Lundy and Dayne would be a very deep backfield. Most teams don't carry 4 RB's on their roster. According to RotoWorld, they are trying to re-sign Dayne.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...ort=NFL&id=983

I don't think they will take AD...they have too many needs elsewhere now.

If is AD is there they won't hesitate to take him, but thats also like saying if Calvin Johnson falls to 8 they won't hesitate to take him either.

Laron would be the best pick but he too might be gone by then.

Comment

Originally posted by energizerbunny View Post
                            If is AD is there they won't hesitate to take him, but thats also like saying if Calvin Johnson falls to 8 they won't hesitate to take him either.

Laron would be the best pick but he too might be gone by then.
                            Well, I guess we can agree to disagree, because I think they would take Landry over AD if they both were available. Just my two cents.

Comment

If AD is there we will take him. He's a Texas native, plus he's said that he wants to come here more than anywhere else. After last year with Vince and Reggie, we will take AD if he's available, or we will trade down and take Landry shortly after the 10th pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                                You mean Ahman Green.......

And I want to see his contract figures because Rhodes did not sign with NYG because he wanted someone else to set the bar for RBs.
                                Green signed 4 year deal worth 22 MM with 6.5MM signing bonus. Not a bad deal for Texans if he can play healthy for 2 years then it will be well worth. I still think Texans will select AP at #8 if he is available. If not then Texans will select between Okoye, Branch, or Landry at #8 or they might want to trade down few spots and pick up few more draft picks.

Texans will not trade draft picks for Plummer and in the worst possible situation they will have David Carr starting the season but his role will be very limited. There is also a rumor that Texans will try to trade up with some kind of package with Cleveland to land at #3 to select AP or CJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information