No announcement yet.

Ahman Green to the Texans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Texans eat paint chips when they were children? Paying a 30 year old Ahman Green over 5 mil.

On the bright side the Packers have Morency as their starter as of right now, nice....

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

theyre stealing GB's backfield with gado and now ahman.

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

Nice signing...he'll be interesting to play against twice a year.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by BehrenMan007 View Post
          theyre stealing GB's backfield with gado and now ahman.
          Don't foget GB's coach and center as well...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

Comment

Ahman Green
            1059 yards, 4.0 ypc, 46 receptions, 373 receiving yards, 6 TDs

Vernand Morency
            0421 yards, 4.6 ypc, 16 receptions, 112 receiving yards, 2 TDs

I would've liked to have him for another year, but I won't complain knowing we would've had to pay over 5 million.

Comment

Morency for Samkon was a horrible trade. Morency was really good last year, but his ypc did benefit from being the second option at RB. I wouldn't expect him to have that good of an average especially playing Minnesota twice a year. I really liked him when he was in Houston and he has a lot of potential. He's a good all-around back.

Comment

that's too bad for us because Green would have been a solid starter next year and now we don't have anyone. now i think we really need to take Lynch.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                  that's too bad for us because Green would have been a solid starter next year and now we don't have anyone. now i think we really need to take Lynch.
                  IF he's there at #16.

they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Grid View Post
                    Green signed 4 year deal worth 22 MM with 6.5MM signing bonus. Not a bad deal for Texans if he can play healthy for 2 years then it will be well worth. I still think Texans will select AP at #8 if he is available. If not then Texans will select between Okoye, Branch, or Landry at #8 or they might want to trade down few spots and pick up few more draft picks.

Texans will not trade draft picks for Plummer and in the worst possible situation they will have David Carr starting the season but his role will be very limited. There is also a rumor that Texans will try to trade up with some kind of package with Cleveland to land at #3 to select AP or CJ.
                    I would love to see CJ on the Texans.

Comment

Decent signing. Lessens the need for RB unless a stud falls.

Comment

The pick up of Ahman Green gives the Texans many more options to work with:

1. they can trade up and grab either johnson or peterson or thomas
                        2. trade down and grab more picks
                        3. grab best player at the 8 spot

The fact that we are attempting to trade for Cleveland's 1st round (3rd) pick to get AP is only half right. Yes we are attempting to get the pick but it's not AP we are after, it's Calvin Johnson. We just leaked AP so that teams like Tampa wouldn't try to counter with a trade to Oakland or Detroit. What would it be like having the RBs we have plus a decent QB, whether it be Sage, Ramsey, or whoever with the Johnson and Johnson Receiving Duo?
                        Last edited by Grid; 03-05-2007, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grid View Post
                          The pick up of Ahman Green gives the Texans many more options to work with:

1. they can trade up and grab either johnson or peterson or thomas
                          2. trade down and grab more picks
                          3. grab best player at the 8 spot

The fact that we are attempting to trade for Cleveland's 1st round (3rd) pick to get AP is only half right. Yes we are attempting to get the pick but it's not AP we are after, it's Calvin Johnson. We just leaked AP so that teams like Tampa wouldn't try to counter with a trade to Oakland or Detroit. What would it be like having the RBs we have plus a decent QB, whether it be Sage, Ramsey, or whoever with the Johnson and Johnson Receiving Duo?
                          You'd be better off getting Joe Thomas so that you actually have an O-line.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Good signing on the Texans half

Comment

why do most think they will try to go after CJ? if you already have andre johnson, dont you think that you would have more pressing needs, and better players to draft then another WR, like an impact safety in landry, or another DE to team up with mario like Adams...

i think CJ would be a bad pick for them, if quinn is there trust they wont pass that up...they dont have a qb right now for the future, last year quinn was supposed to be the #1 pick overall, if he slips to 8 they cant pass up a qb like that

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

None of the QB in this draft really excites me, Brady Quinn is nothing more then another version of Carr. They will be better served drafting some one in middle round to groom for the future like Kolb, Stanton or Beck. Kubiak likes a QB who reads defenses and is versitle and can run and throw on the run.

If Texans were to move up and grab johnson the offense would all of the sudden take on an explosive look. One thing to remember is this, kubiak loves to run the ball and all 4 teams in the 2 conference championship games had a two headed monster running the ball (saints-mcallister/bush, bears-jones/benson, colts-addai/rhodes, patriots-dillion/maroney), so grabbing adrian peterson is not out of the question, if they stay put at the 8 spot and peterson and johnson are gone I would not mind seeing them grabbing branch, okoye or landry to help the defense out even more.

As for FS, good FS can be found in middle round as well. Texans can find a good FS in 2nd or 3rd round.

Texans are quite satisfied with Spencer's recovery and I think they might draft OT in middle round for assurance purposes who fits their scheme. Most of the Broncos OL consists on players being drafted in the middle round and this is what the Texans did last year when they drafted Spencer and Winston. I think again they will do the same this year in drafting a tackle in middle round or they might sign some one this off season.
                                Last edited by Grid; 03-05-2007, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information