Cowboys not gonna spent money in FA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    Jerry Jones won't overpay regardless of there being a cap or not. This year there just isn't many guys out there in our price range that could come in and make a bigger impact than the ones we already have. It makes no sense for Jerry to screw with the cap in hopes that there's an uncapped year next year, you just can't run that risk. We need to have that space for Ware, who will take a huge chunk of it pretty soon.
    You and I are thinking basically along the same lines. I was just trying to say that Jones can afford to get those guys if there is no cap, I agree in thinking he won't overpay, regardless.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
      You and I are thinking basically along the same lines. I was just trying to say that Jones can afford to get those guys if there is no cap, I agree in thinking he won't overpay, regardless.
      Yeah, i agree. The money isn't an issue, and never will be if there is no cap, but Jerry isn't stupid with his money. He's no Dan Snyder.

Comment

Is there anyplace where Dan Snyder doesn't get bashed? I mean his wife probably even makes fun of him...

Comment

Why would we even want Ray Lewis? We got Bobby Carpenter. Psh.

There's a little game of cat and mouse going on... that's all. Ray understands the reputation Jerry has a reputation of shelling out cash and the Boys have a need at ILB. He says he wants to play for Jerry only to boost up his paycheck from Baltimore. Jerry is smarter than to be used as a pawn though. Coming out and saying we won't spend money... that doesn't help Ray get more $$$ from Baltimore. But it does put Ray on the hot seat. If he's truly sincere about playing for the Cowboys, then Jerry will be more than happy to give him a reasonable contract... The Cowboys are roughly 12M under the cap and can make a move if they want. Last year, the only notable FA they brought in was Zach Thomas. He's gone now, and I could see Jerry signing 1 guy again. We have 9 draft picks and could get 11 depending on other compensation. We don't HAVE to address our needs in FA.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
            Its a good thing English isn't your first language GOW;)...
            What is that supposed to mean

Comment

don't take his word at face value.

he said he wouldn't trade for Roy Williams....

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                don't take his word at face value.

he said he wouldn't trade for Roy Williams....
                Nothing GMs ever say to the media is 100% true, so take it as you wish. I don't understand why people keep bringing up the Roy Williams thing. We paid a crap load as it was, imagine if Jerry had come out and said we were looking for WR help. The Lions would have bent us over.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                  What is that supposed to mean
                  Cowboys not gonna spent money FA...

Just giving you ****...

Comment

oh lol didnt even see that

Comment

All I had to read was the first sentence of that article to know it wasn't true. Jerry Jones saying he isn't going to spend money is like saying the Yankees aren't going to spend money.

I say they at least make one big offer to a free agent or make a decent trade proposal to Carolina for Julius Peppers. They are bound to make a big splash, especially with the cap limit just increasing.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                        All I had to read was the first sentence of that article to know it wasn't true. Jerry Jones saying he isn't going to spend money is like saying the Yankees aren't going to spend money.

I say they at least make one big offer to a free agent or make a decent trade proposal to Carolina for Julius Peppers. They are bound to make a big splash, especially with the cap limit just increasing.
                        And you obviously have no clue what the heck you're talking about.

There's no chance in hell we offer ANYTHING for Julius Peppers, and there won't be any "big" offers to FA's. If we throw any type of money at a FA it will be to Chris Canty, or a smallish offer to another guy that can come in and fill his spot. The cap limit increased by what, 4 million dollars? That's not a whole lot, and we still have to sign draft picks and make room for that big contract extension for Ware.

Offering for Peppers.... LOL.

Comment

Yea, because we've seen in the past couple years that they haven't made a big splash, with getting the following guys:

Terrell Owens
                          Roy Williams
                          Leonard Davis
                          Tank Johnson
                          Zach Thomas
                          Akin Ayodele
                          Pac Man Jones
                          Ken Hamlin

yep, that shows good history that they won't make an offer to any big free agent, let alone make an offer for Peppers, who has stated Dallas as his top team he wants to go to.

Not to mention the fact that the possibilty of both Terrell Owens, Roy Williams might be let go come draft day.

I wouldn't totally rule the possibilty out.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

wait, Tank Johnson and PacMan is a big move?

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                              wait, Tank Johnson and PacMan is a big move?
                              financially may have been I forget how mcuh they spent on those two clowns.
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

i really hope peppers doesnt go to dallas. If they got peppers and lewis, their defense would be ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information