Salary cap expands to $127 million for 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
    Is the NFL ever going to be hit by this recession? The NBA cap is going down, and it hasn't even seen the worst times yet. I imagine the NFL is in the same boat. Next year is when it will hit, when luxury boxes and sponsorships stop being renewed.
    We'll find out once teams start their season ticket renewal programs.

Comment

The Cowboys can't sell out their season tickets for next year

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
        The Cowboys can't sell out their season tickets for next year
        Because there aren't enough people with that much disposable income in the DFW area that want to go to Cowboys games. To get a chance season tickets you have to put down a deposit and that doesnt even guarantee you get tickets. Parking is going to be like $75 a game!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
          Because there aren't enough people with that much disposable income in the DFW area that want to go to Cowboys games. To get a chance season tickets you have to put down a deposit and that doesnt even guarantee you get tickets. Parking is going to be like $75 a game!
          Maybe we're gonna see a swing in the favor of the small market teams during the economic downturn, as their prices are usually much more affordable to the average person than teams with huge payrolls and incredible stadium upkeep costs.

Comment

When does free agency open? Tomorrow at midnight?
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Hrm, so which owner pulled strings for this.

Me thinks Mr Snyder :)

Comment

It really good news for teams that planned on spending the majority of their cap on signing extensions to players currently on their rosters.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  Maybe we're gonna see a swing in the favor of the small market teams during the economic downturn, as their prices are usually much more affordable to the average person than teams with huge payrolls and incredible stadium upkeep costs.
                  It's entirely possible. It's still cheaper to go to baseball games, which I think will see more attendance increases during next football season.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

this really helps out the Saints.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      When does free agency open? Tomorrow at midnight?
                      Yea Thursday but I think its 11pm instead of midnight.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm not the salary cap expert that a lot of fans like to think they are, but it seems to me that many people think an increased salary cap gives their individual team an advantage. Why? Teams know the salary cap is going to go up and when it does, so do contracts. It's the players who benefit from a bigger salary cap. Teams are affected the equally, so it doesn't seem that it should help or hurt any team more than another.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                          I'm not the salary cap expert that a lot of fans like to think they are, but it seems to me that many people think an increased salary cap gives their individual team an advantage. Why? Teams know the salary cap is going to go up and when it does, so do contracts. It's the players who benefit from a bigger salary cap. Teams are affected the equally, so it doesn't seem that it should help or hurt any team more than another.
                          did you even read
                          RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

This helps pretty much everyone.

Comment

That helps the Rams about...NONE!

I don't think it's that big of a deal, but that's just me.
                              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                                So is Tampa going to sign every single free agent out there now?
                                I have a feeling we might sign one 'big' name player and other than that we will be pretty insignificant. With a billion in cap space you'd hope that doesn't happen but I guess time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information