• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Haynesworth to the Redskins

Per ESPNNEWS, it just scrolled on the ticker at 5:30 AM EST,

100M / 7 years.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/02/27/r...-million-deal/

The Washington Redskins have made the biggest splash on the first day of NFL free agency, signing former Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth to a seven-year, $100 million contract.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the deal includes $41 million guaranteed in the first three years, and the maximum value of the deal could be $115 million. According to Schefter, the deal is the richest contract ever given to a player and includes more guaranteed money than any contract in NFL history has ever included.

The quickness of the deal -- getting done just hours after the start of the free agency period -- could lead to questions of whether the Redskins tampered with Haynesworth. After all, $100 million contracts are complex documents. How did the Redskins and Haynesworth have time to hammer out all the details before 6 AM on the first day that they were allowed to talk to each other?

NFL tampering rules, however, are difficult to enforce because the charges are hard to prove. And the Redskins are obviously working hard this morning at spending Dan Snyder's money. They've already signed Haynesworth and DeAngelo Hall, and they're reportedly making overtures to Cowboys defensive end Chris Canty and Ravens guard/center Jason Brown. Snyder is apparently immune to the effects of the recession.

wow.......

Comment

If this is true. Where do they find the cap room? DeAngelo Hall and Albert Haynesworth just a few hours into free agency.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

41 Mil, gosh

Comment

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh...it was inevitable but, god Ware's contract is going to be so ugly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

How are they able to afford this contract?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
              How are they able to afford this contract?
              I'm guessing Springs, Taylor, and Collins will be some of the players released today to make some room. Probably made the contract to where it's not very front heavy either. Snyder is a master of creating cap room.

I don't really get it though. How can they enter FA with $8.1 million in cap room, resign Hall for 10 mill per year, and sign Al to the biggest contract for non-QB ever. How the hell do they expect to sign their draft picks?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post
                I'm guessing Springs, Taylor, and Collins will be some of the players released today to make some room. Probably made the contract to where it's not very front heavy either. Snyder is a master of creating cap room.

I don't really get it though. How can they enter FA with $8.1 million in cap room, resign Hall for 10 mill per year, and sign Al to the biggest contract for non-QB ever. How the hell do they expect to sign their draft picks?
                Madden doesn't even let you do this kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post

they hardly draft usually. but. Tampering?

Comment

Damnit!. This is the last thing I wanted us to do. Overpay for Fat Al & Hall.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

i bet Fat Al slows down

Comment

I hope he does. We're going to need our interior OL to really play great against the skins because of this. I really, really hope he slows down. I was wondering the same thing, how can they afford it? Just going off of simplified math here. 14+9>8, so how can they afford these guys. I know they are back-loaded, but Al is getting at least 11 mil, and Hall is probably getting at least 6 or 7, so that still puts them about 10 mil over the cap. Someone is going to have to be cut, or someone has to explain this to me...
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

They're going to have to trade away their first round pick. They can't afford to sign him.

If I were a Redskins fan, I'd hate this deal. Way too much cap room tied up in a DT.

Comment

Wouldn't they just forfeit it though? i think thats what you meant anyway.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                              Wouldn't they just forfeit it though? i think thats what you meant anyway.
                              No, that would be ********. Their pick has every bit of its original value, even if they can't afford to draft someone with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information