No announcement yet.

Albert Haynesworth to the Redskins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone care to calculate how many whoppers Fat Al can eat for $115 million?
    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Apporxiamtely 28,750,000, but the actual number will be less, he needs a drink and fries;).

Yes i actually did the calculations...
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

48 million 117 thousands 154 whoppers

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
          No, that would be ********. Their pick has every bit of its original value, even if they can't afford to draft someone with it.
          Who would they trade it to though, Al was a UFA.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
            Anyone care to calculate how many whoppers Fat Al can eat for $115 million?
            They're 2 for $4 at my local Burger King. Figure 10% total tax between the state and locality...52,272,727. 35,022,727,090 calories. Yum!

That's 13,068,181 lbs of beef.*

*precooked weight

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
              Who would they trade it to though, Al was a UFA.
              What on earth does that have to do with the first round pick? You think the other 31 teams have zero desire for another first rounder?

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                What on earth does that have to do with the first round pick? You think the other 31 teams have zero desire for another first rounder?
                But no one can get it. What happens is the Redskins just lose it. The Pats didn't trade away their first rounder with the scandal they had about 2 years ago, it was forfeited. Since Hynesworth was a UFA, no team can lay claims to a first round pick from him. Tenesse might get a compensatory pick for him next year, but no team can get an extra first rounder for doing nothing.

Comment

Snyder makes the cap his little ***** every year. We'll easily be able to sign our picks, and hell depending on cuts maybe even more in FA.

I don't know how he does it. It's magic.

Comment

Wow, three responses, that's impressive.

As for trading the first rounder, if they really can't afford it, they'd just trade it for a future pick. They'd get less than normal value, but they'd get something.

I expect they'll just release a few high-priced vets, move some money around.

Comment

But no one can get it. What happens is the Redskins just lose it. The Pats didn't trade away their first rounder with the scandal they had about 2 years ago, it was forfeited. Since Hynesworth was a UFA, no team can lay claims to a first round pick from him. Tenesse might get a compensatory pick for him next year, but no team can get an extra first rounder for doing nothing.
                      Er, why would the redskins forfeit their first rounder?

Comment

What the hell are you talking about? I said they'd have to trade their first rounder because Fat Albert got all of the money that would be needed to sign him, and you somehow decide it's a scandal requiring them to give a pick to another team?

...It's not getting a extra first rounder for nothing. It's TRADING. By definition, you have to give up something.

Duh?

Comment

I see why monomach and I are so confused. He is under the assumption the Skins are under the cap. I am going by the hypothetical that the skins won't be under the cap, and I think i remember the 49ers lost a few guys and a first rounder because they were over the cap in the late 90s. OK if the skins are under the cap and can't afford the first round pay, they'll trade it, monomach your right there. I was talking about if they are over the cap and can't get under the NFL will penalize them and they would have to forfeit the pick.

Comment

Dan Snyder can make it rain.

Comment

Snyder is never gonna be over the cap, ever

Comment

I see why monomach and I are so confused. He is under the assumption the Skins are under the cap. I am going by the hypothetical that the skins won't be under the cap, and I think i remember the 49ers lost a few guys and a first rounder because they were over the cap in the late 90s. OK if the skins are under the cap, they'll trade it, monomach your right there. I was talking about if they are over the cap and can't get under the NFL will penalize them and they would have to forfeit the pick.
                                No, Monomach and you are not confused. It's just you.

You're operating on a strange assumption.

Teams don't go over the cap anymore. The standard operating procedure provided for by the rules is for the commish to reject any contract that would put a team over the cap.

Therefore, it is obvious that vets will be cut before Fat Albert actually signs the paper. If they're not, the commish makes Albert's payday disappear and Dan Snyder looks like a drooling moron to everyone in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information