Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chiefs‘«÷ All-Pro guard Waters wants out of Kansas City?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chiefs have traditionally gone with the same model the Steelers use. Sign your own, get your homework done on the draft, then worry about free agents if you have any holes left on your roster. It's a great philosophy that works.

Unfortunately, Carl drafted like dog ****, made terrible moves in the draft (e.g. not taking New Orleans' offer to move back to 10 last year), and has chosen to re-sign the wrong guys at the completely wrong times (e.g. giving LJ a giant contract instead of trading him two years ago).

The Chiefs are going from a complete player's coach to a team coach. There's going to be guys who want to leave, and there's going to be guys who previously wanted out, but now want to stay. It's only natural.

A lot of players, like Waters, are used to a hands-on personnel guy like Carl Peterson. Pioli is very hands-off (as far as dealing with players already under contract goes). That's Haley's job, and they work closely together. Players aren't going to be able to be in contact with Pioli like they were with Peterson. Especially not during the draft evaluation and free agency period...

I love Waters, but if he doesn't want to be a team leader and help get the rest of the team on board with H&P through this change, he needs to go.
    ________
    Live sex
    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

This whole trend of veteran players feeling "disrespected" by new coaches has run its course with me..... annoying.

Shut up and play.
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
        I love Waters, but if he doesn't want to be a team leader and help get the rest of the team on board with H&P through this change, he needs to go.
        And replace him with who?

I guess we are going to draft seven starters this year give me break.

I'm all for the team first stuff but that doesn't mean you blow players off like this the whole thing was not handled well at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
          Ya wanting a sit down to talk face to face with your HC and GM is way to much to ask what a big baby...
          We have no idea what really happened. Are we supposed to believe that Haley walked up to a player in the hallway and said that 22 players off the street can win 2 games without provocation? We have one report, from Jason Whitlock of all people, with some information from Waters.

Besides, it's a new organization. Players don't have the right to show up unannounced wanting a personal meeting with the GM to discuss the direction of the team.
          Last edited by Basileus777; 02-27-2009, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
            "According to the source, Waters flew to Kansas City specifically to meet with Haley and Pioli and hear their plan for the direction of the organization. Pioli declined to meet with Waters, saying they had nothing to discuss, the source said. And Haley began his hallway conversation with Waters by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games, the source said."

Just wow.
            There is nothing wrong with that. He telling his players a bunch of random players can win 2 games, but it takes a team to win a championchip. I love his attuide.

Comment

I think it's funny that someone's defending an offensive guard who hasn't won anything over new leadership that has 3 rings to its name.

Waters wants to mee with Pioli...that's not how it works. Haley is in charge of the players, that's who Waters needs to talk to.

I love the idiot Chiefs fans (not all Chiefs fans, just the idiot ones) calling for Haley and Pioli's heads as if they're ruining their precious 2-win team. Give me a break... Who are the going to replace Waters with? Does it matter? They couldn't block anyone last year anyway. They've got one of the best OL coaches in football, with plenty of resources to find an offensive ******* guard.

The Patriots won all but one of their Super Bowls with one of the worst lines in the NFL (Brandon Gorin, people, Brandon Gorin), the Cardinals almost won the Super Bowl with one of the worst lines in the NFL... They're not worried about Brian Waters...
              ________
              Ayelet cam
              Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                I would want out of town too. We have one of the cheapest owners in the NFL, completely unwilling to dish out free agent money. This team is going to be in the gutter for the next decade.
                wow you could not be more wrong.how do you know for sure Clark is not willing to spend $$ to improve the team?simple you DON'T

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                  How do you know for sure Clark is not willing to spend $$ to improve the team?
                  Maybe because he hasn't since he took over as owner?

Comment

Ya, he didn't spend big bucks on the guy in your avatar/sig...

You do realize Carl Peterson had open access to the Hunt bank account, right? The only decision about the Chiefs not made by Peterson was Peterson getting canned, and the only decision Hunt's made since then is to sign Pioli to take over making decisions. The Hunts spend as much money as the GM needs them to spend. This isn't baseball...
                    ________
                    real estate in Pattaya
                    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:56 AM.

Comment

I liek the reports becasue Vermiel and Herm ran such a patty cake regime..look where that got them.
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Ya, he didn't spend big bucks on the guy in your avatar/sig...

You do realize Carl Peterson had open access to the Hunt bank account, right? The only decision about the Chiefs not made by Peterson was Peterson getting canned, and the only decision Hunt's made since then is to sign Pioli to take over making decisions. The Hunts spend as much money as the GM needs them to spend. This isn't baseball...
                        And wants again Carl Peterson takes all the blame and Clark Hunt gets a free pass no body wants us to be the Skins but a little spending would be nice.

As much as I like SP the guy is never going to see the field as Herm would say "You Got To Have The Players".
                        Last edited by Splat; 02-27-2009, 10:46 AM.

Comment

In Pioli Boezo Trusts!
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Peterson could've spent all he wanted to. He had the full cap at his disposal.
                            ________
                            California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

Comment

Peterson could've spent all he wanted to. He had the full cap at his disposal.
                              Well guess what Carl is gone and still nothing whats that tell you?

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                                and haley told waters he wasn't any better than some guy off the streets. but it's cute how you took about half a sentence of my post and responded as if that were the entirety of the argument. but then didn't bother quoting it because you knew you'd look like an idiot. haley just told one of your best players, and a guy who's been a team player for YEARS, that he's basically trash. and you think that's the proper way to run a team?

at least haley's won a lot of super bowls in his career.
                                I didn't quote your previous post because the whole thing was moronic.

Your taking a supposed quote from Haley and saying he was suggesting that Waters was crap, is just stupid. You have no idea what was actually discussed. You, sir, are a flat-out idiot.

Pioli meets with players to discuss contracts. Since Waters doesn't have a contract issue, he has nothing to discuss with Pioli. Want to talk about respect? How about the player trying to bypass his position coach, coordinator, and head coach to talk to the GM?

Having a proper chain of command, and an organized organization is the proper way to run a team. The Chiefs are doing things the right way now. Waters' first conversation should have been with his new position coach and Chan Gailey, not Haley, and certainly not Pioli (unless he wanted to reneg his contract or ask for a trade). If he really wanted an appointment with Haley & Pioli, he should have called first.
                                ________
                                LIVE SEX

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information